Greetings from the 4 Corner (PacificNW)

KLR650Pilot

Hello everyone, Old Fart here (should of used that as a user name, Ha!). Been trying to get into RC for most of my life. I have many, many, models, kits, etc--all in the box. Includes a Kalt Baron 28 helicopter (NIB) and even a Kyosho Concept 30 heli (NIB)--you'll need to Google them for info. Heck--When I say old fart...I still have my Nintendo NES, PS2, 3, 4, Xbox (Translucent Green Halo Edition), 360, and One. So, yes--I was there for Atari Pong. As I prepare for retirement, I'm finally getting my act together. Joined a local RC club, and purchased a Real Flight 9.5 simulator. Always good to read of others trials, tribulations, and successes--you can learn a lot from everyone sharing info, and I'm happy to have found a forum like this.

Admiral

Welcome to the forum KLR, your not alone there's a whole bunch of Old Farts here enjoying retirement reliving our the youth which heaps of cooler gear then we have afforded when we were kids. Joining the RC Club and getting a SIM are two of the best moves you could make, I'm sure you will be up and flying shortly. My suggestion is leave the older helicopter in their boxes and start with a modern transmitter and entry level helicopter, but I'm sure the Guys at the club will help with that.

Have fun and keep us up to date with your progress.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:whistle:Did someone mention old fart. :welcome1:to the forum KLR. I agree with Admiral on leave the older helicopter in their boxes and start with a modern transmitter and entry level helicopter and start new. Which ever way you go just go out and have fun. That's what is all about :banana:

Blade 400

:whistle:Did someone mention old fart. :welcome1:to the forum KLR. I agree with Admiral on leave the older helicopter in their boxes and start with a modern transmitter and entry level helicopter and start new. Which ever way you go just go out and have fun. That's what is all about :banana:
Hi D.O.G.
Is there any chance you could film some footage flying your Tarot 450 please? I just want to see another flying properly, I`m still trying to get co-ordinated turns smoother with mine - they are very erratic at the moment :bellyroll:
Thanks ;)

Blade 400

Hello everyone, Old Fart here (should of used that as a user name, Ha!). Been trying to get into RC for most of my life. I have many, many, models, kits, etc--all in the box. Includes a Kalt Baron 28 helicopter (NIB) and even a Kyosho Concept 30 heli (NIB)--you'll need to Google them for info. Heck--When I say old fart...I still have my Nintendo NES, PS2, 3, 4, Xbox (Translucent Green Halo Edition), 360, and One. So, yes--I was there for Atari Pong. As I prepare for retirement, I'm finally getting my act together. Joined a local RC club, and purchased a Real Flight 9.5 simulator. Always good to read of others trials, tribulations, and successes--you can learn a lot from everyone sharing info, and I'm happy to have found a forum like this.
Welcome KLR650Pilot :thumbsup:

You`ve found the best RC forum on the web! The members couldn`t be more helpful and generous with there experience and time - I would have quit without there support :biggrin1:

I too still have all my Game consoles and started with an Atari Pong sys :bellyroll: I was a big Commodore 64, Amiga and PC gamer too!

I agree with others in recommending that you purchase a more modern Helicopter and TX.
OMP 1 & 2 seem popular choices currently.

All the best

Blade

Top Bottom