Great Day Of Flying

Tony

Staff member
Well today Matt (CallSign) and I decided to head out to my local flying club and do some flying. Well, should I say I did some flying lol. I did bring him the frame for the mcpx and we worked on his blade 400, but couldn't get the blade up and running because of a broke main gear. But we did get his mcpx running with the new frame and had a blast with his and my heli's. I had some tail issues with mine and I'm not sure why. Three times I had my tail just blow out all of a sudden for no reason. On the third battery when it blew out, I totally lost it and crashed it into the concrete very hard. so far the only thing I can see that broke is the tip of the little nipple on the weighted blades. Not a big loss, I have more blades.

I didn't get the Edge Mini or the Bipe out there today even though I wanted to. but I did take my Extra and my big Edge out there. Sadly, the only video I got was onboard the Extra and it actually turned out pretty well. I will be uploading it later. Nothing impressive, but it's flying.

There was one time when I was flying my last battery that I thought I was going to lose my Extra. I had taken off and was going to do some touch and go's in the wind that we have because my landings suck lol. so I went out and was turning around for a final and the wind caught the plane and twisted it. Unfortunately dark clouds had moved in and I still had my glasses on lmao. Needless to say, for the first time in a LONG time, I lost orientation on my plane. But, I regained it and brought it back.

After I did that, all of those nervous feelings came back like I had just started flying again. It sucked and my fingers were shaking lmao. This was bad in this wind. I was able to just relax and was able to do about half a dozen really good touch and go's. The final landing was perfect IMO.

the Edge flew just like the Edge flies all the time, flawlessly. One of these days I'm going to get a GoPro and I will get a lot more onboard video rather than having to rely on my keychain cam.

I will try to get that video uploaded tonight or tomorrow sometime. right now, I'm working on the lanyards and the shirts so I can get them in the store for you guys.

Tony

Staff member
Only a couple more hours. the wind started to pick up and we all packed it up and left. got home and an hour later there was no wind lmao. Figures.

Tony

Staff member
I did get video Mr. Impatient lol. I'm editing it now. It's onboard the Extra 260 and if you get air or sea sick, don't watch it lmao. But, I did figure out how to get the waves out of the camera w00t! lmao

Tony

Staff member
Nope, velcro then tightly stretched electrical tape lol. I also CA'd the camera lens in the case.

murankar

Staff member
Would not have thought of that. Glad your day went well at the club. You could of had my day, not to bad but bad none the less.

Top Bottom