Great Day at my flying club- Edge 540- VisionAire- TRex 500

Derek

Whoa!!! That's really good flying, Ken! I like your friends Edge and your Visionaire and 500 flights were great!

Ken Jackson

Wow thanks! I agree Tony when the pros fly it certainly doesn't look like a helicopter. I would eventually like to combine some flips and pyros at the same time but I'll never be a bee on steroids. Unless I had a corporate sponsor then maybe I'd push it harder. However at age 54 I'm quite sure my brain and eye hand coordination could never perform at that level and I'm OK with that. I like the flying I do. Not sure I'd call it 3D, sport for sure.

What's your opinion of what 3D actually entails? What I've read online all seems to come around to the same thing.
'3D flight is a condition in which you are flying the plane/heli in a stalled condition. (fact)
Most other definitions are a subset of this one, but this definition is the most accurate. (IMHO)'

So what the pros do (bee on steriods) technically is not 3D it's in a whole class by itself.

Some one posted on another forum
'Do you have to wear special glasses to fly 3D?'

Ken

Last edited:
Wow thanks! I agree Tony when the pros fly it certainly doesn't look like a helicopter. I would eventually like to combine some flips and pyros at the same time but I'll never be a bee on steroids. Unless I had a corporate sponsor then maybe I'd push it harder. However at age 54 I'm quite sure my brain and eye hand coordination could never perform at that level and I'm OK with that. I like the flying I do. Not sure I'd call it 3D, sport for sure.

What's your opinion of what 3D actually entails? What I've read online all seems to come around to the same thing.
'3D flight is a condition in which you are flying the plane/heli in a stalled condition. (fact)
Most other definitions are a subset of this one, but this definition is the most accurate. (IMHO)'

So what the pros do (bee on steriods) technically is not 3D it's in a whole class by itself.

Some one posted on another forum
'Do you have to wear special glasses to fly 3D?'

Ken

Don't you go getting all techy on me Ken... Lol, yeah maybe 3D was the incorrect term for your flying style. Whatever it is it's certainly more enjoyable to watch than a "bee on steroids"...lol. Those guys are superb at what they do though.

54, your just a nipper man... Haha, but I know what you mean, I'm 60 in December, the hardest thing I find is actually seeing the heli, once it gets more than about 60 - 80 feet away I'm losing orientation... I NEED an 880...

Anyway, I love your style of flying, keep it up..

Top Bottom