600 Graham,s Tail Wag Horror:(

Graham Lawrie

Well, story so far:

1.Align Trex 550e total strip down.
2.New main and tail shaft and bearings.
3.New torque tube and black umbrella gears.
4.New tail slider bearing and assembly.

Tail is silky smooth in operation.

Re-built heli completely, and did complete heli and 3gx setup.

Spooled up and tail servo rod starts twitching and the more I spool up the worse it gets:(

I then started decreasing and increasing gyro gain with no change:)

At a loss now, starting to think servo fault? 3gx vibration?

HELP!!!!:)

treff

Hi Graham, I had pretty well the same thing but on HK450 so maybe different but it turned out to be vibration
getting to the 3gx. Hope you get it sorted mate because it can drive you dolally. I did about 6 rebuilds changing parts as I went.
On the tail servo I would put some pressure on the arm, holding it with the fingers, then apply rudder to see if anything untowards
happens or you can feel anything that doesn't feel right. Best of luck

Tony

Staff member
It's a great gyro. I think it's MUCH easier to setup than the Ikon (have not finished the Ikon setup yet lol) and it's pretty much just plug and play. My 600 was the shiznit with the BX, and that was without governor and with a nitro engine creating all kinds of vibrations.

Lee

I loved it on my 600 too. Now I have it on the Warp and dialled in, it feels great, but i just want all my units the same. I have the Ikon config file for the Warp stored, so it will just be a case of upload and go.

Graham,
Have you tried other ways of isolating the unit. What do you have it on now?

treff

I have just brought the Turnigy 3D-H v2. It arrived today and I am very impressed with the build
quality. Metal case, it looks the bees knees I will be trying it out very soon. Just awaiting more crap
from the far east lol.

Graham Lawrie

Lee and Dan: I flew my 450(its on AR7200BX) and blades came off, lack of maintenance on my part. I will be stripping the tail servo later and trying the savox off my 600 to eliminate that. If it is the gyro, I may consider a purchase:) I have just been looking for spares for the 450 and some 600 parts as I nearly have enough spares to build another 600:) at which point I might sell it to fund a quad............too many decisions:)

Slobberdog

Have you checked the torque tube bearing, if it's specific tail it might be originating from there, need to remove my 450's TT and oil that again been 20 flights since I done it last,

Just a thought

Graham Lawrie

Hi Kev:) I was looking to get away from the 3gx and not keen on the 4gx(been burnt with the 150), I have a AR7200BX on the 450 and was keen to try the Ikon on the 550. Lee seriously tempted me with the other BX, if Fastlad had not had the sale I would have bought his:)

With the AR on the 450 I will try it on the 550 to prove the servo. If the servo is faulty I will put the Savox from my 600 on the 550 with the Brain, leaving me a servo to buy:)

All planned ish,and not really experimenting or eliminating, just pleased the guys on here posted up about the sale:)

Slobberdog

Like them on Facebook you'll get the notifications from most of the sales

- - - Updated - - -

I have been keen to try the BX but tbh the 3gx units on all my heli's are dialled in well for me and behaving well so at the moment I can't justify the swap.

Tony

Staff member
Don't blame you one bit for not wanting to do anything else with the 3GX. I have all but given up on trying to find fixes to it's issues for the beginners out there. Once in the air, it's quite good on the right settings. But, the new pilots need to get into the air first. And that is where the issue is.

Keep us posted on the Ikon!

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony:) I bought a MSH Brain:)
I would love to know how many people have bought the 3gx on any Align, and then struggled, and given up the hobby?

Top Bottom