Got a new tool today

murankar

Staff member
I wnet to radio shack today because we have 2 of our 3 stores closing. Yes we had three stores in our town. Anyhow I ended up at the one store that is not closing and bought a few bits to help move the charging case along. One of the things I threw in the basket was a butane soldering iron and torch. I have not used it really except to shrink some shrink tube. This thing rocks so far, it picks up where my 40w iron leaves off. Now I can solder 10 awg wire and then some if I need to. I think this is a well spent $25. When I can solder with it Ill let you all know what I think but I think the results will be fantastic.

trainrider06

Have wondered about those, I've always worried about the flame burning something not intended to burn.
I have 3 irons one a no name brand, a Weller 40w, and a Radio Shack variable rate iron...I use that one often!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
If you wanted you could make a heat shield out of foil. This thing gets hotter than my 40w weller which is a variable temp iron.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Ahh ok, yeah to solder my larger connectors I used my bakers torch to solder the wire into the connector.
The butane solder iron might be the ticket for that!

Top Bottom