General Going Flying Again

Admiral

After no flying for over a month COVID-19 restrictions have been eased in Queensland as of today we are allowed to undertake recreational activities within 50km of our home with one other person so long as we are outside and maintain Social Distancing. Suburban parks are still out of bounds, but we fly on private property with permission so we are right. The new (second hand) Gaui X5 will get it's maiden hopefully some video.
IMG_20200501_164244 (Large).jpg
Packing the wagon.

Smoggie

That's great news and seems entirely sensible. good luck with the maiden flight of the X5.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Awesome :arms:. Restrictions lifted here too :). The park I fly at is open but some section aren't especially where I fly at is still closed. I did get the chance to talk to the new park administrator that told me the other sections should be open next week. Same rules applies. Social distancing. Good thing I like to fly alone :). Good luck Admiral and can't wait to see the videos.

leedude1

My fields shut down also, but I can get to a nearby soccer field and I am able to throw every thing up to the 450 around a little. Actually crashed it a little over week ago.. the cement wasn't gentle on her let me tell you.
Even though I hit TH it came down with quite a bit of momentum and landed sideways on the head. part are really at a premium right now. Ive managed to get everything except the servo horns. Looks like ill have to order those from bangood and that will be a month easy before I see em.

Admiral, your going to love the X5 .. curious about the maiden as well let us know.

Admiral

Murphy's law applied yesterday after being in lock down for a month yesterday was very windy, but after a month I wasn't going to not fly the new Gaui X5.

Head speed is defiantly a bit low, will have a quick look at it, tomorrow is a Public Holiday (Labour Day) so if no wind tomorrow I will try again

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Wow. Your brave and crazy at the same time Admiral to fly the X5 on it's maiden in that wind. You did a great job flying and not hitting the camera man too LMAO. I hope the weather is wonderful for your flight tomorrow. Thanks for sharing and keep the videos coming :)

Admiral

It handled the wind OK really once I got used to it drifting back towards me, it certainly traveled faster down the field than it did up the field, the camera man was never really in danger it just drifted a bit further than expected, I was trying to keep it in close for the video.

Top Bottom