FBL Gyro Goblin 500 Gyros

Hi guys,
Been a while since I've been around. But the old man has bitten the bullet and bought a goblin, and has entrusted me to do the building of it. Now it's been a while since I've really looked at flybarless controllers.
I have been looking at the Spartan, Naza-H or the Ikon.
I like the Ikon and Naza for their self levelling features, but the spartan seems to be a very solid gyro.
Was wanting something with a self level or bailout, but thinking a solid working gyro is probably just as good, and will encourage the ability to fly and learn.
Beginner is going to be using this

Slobberdog

I would look at the Bavarian demon, that is the heli command hc3sx, its a few dollars more expensive than the others in your list, not so much more than the Naza-h if you add the gps unit.

naza has autopilot and ikon has self level, Spartan is more of a pro unit so I would def stay away from that.

me I think if your building a twitchy high spec heli for a beginner you will want as much of a safeguard as possible

my choice would be the hc3sx

Thatnks for that Kev. I had considered the bavarian at one point.
I was thinking that the spartan may have been as you said, great for someone who already knows what they are doing, but not so much for a new old guy trying to fly, (or young guy for that matter)
I know he wants the safe guard aspect as well, and would probably like the idea of the bavarian demon

Slobberdog

its the best one out there I think, I think you can set it up so it will limit the amount of swash movement and have proper bailout function and for a beginner on a high price heli that will save you and pay for itself the first couple of times you hit that switch, I think its Xokia that has these so he would be able to give you a lot more info than me,

Derek

I was going to suggest either the Ikon or the Bavarian Demon. I own an Ikon and I really like how the programming is all set up. My buddy has the Demon and I've seen him set his up and it looks really good and his Goblin 570 loves the Demon.

Top Bottom