450 goblin 380 help

junior10

im putting the electronics in a gob 380 that i picked up used. i need some help to get it wired up correctly, and the ar7210bx setup correctly. first problem is im not sure which servo is what. i know its 120 deg but who is the elev, ail and pit?

Derek

Elevator is "generally" the servo on the rear of the 120 degree. Aileron is "generally" on the right of the 120 degree. Pitch is "generally" on the left of the 120 degree

You may also want to check out this link for the SAB Goblin 380 PDF manual, if you don't already have a manual.

Manual

I hope this helps!

junior10

sorry for so many question, just making sure. looking from back to front, front = elev(ch1), left = ail(ch2) and right = pit(ch3).

Tony

Staff member
Front is elevator, right is aileron and left is pitch. One way that I remembered it was aileron is what it controls so that is right, or correct.

junior10

ok were getting really close now. i have the servos hooked up and acting the way they're suppose to. i've gone through the ar7210bx setup and everything looks good. now when i plug in the flight battery to do a maiden the motor doesnt start up as i advance the throttle. but if i flip the t.h. switch and back again then she spins up like in idle up mode. my throttle curve is set to zero in this mode. why does this happen. i have a cc lite 75amp esc and 10 amp bec .

Smoggie

Junior,

What Tx are you using? if it's the DX6i it has some strange behavior in the TH gives you different zero endpoint to a normal throttle curve.

But whatever Tx you are using you need to calibrate 'fixed endpoints' on the Castle ESC.. have you done that?

junior10

no i haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm using a dx6i

- - - Updated - - -

i'm using a dx6i and no i haven't done a calibration
y

Smoggie

If you are using the DX6i here's a better explanation of the Throttle hold 'strangeness' that I found in another forum:

on the DX6i you need to set the THold at 10% to match lowstick/0 with 100-100 endpoints. So what is happening is if you initialize with the Hold on your ESC is recalibrating/autoranging the zero point to where Hold is and when you turn the Hold off the channel output at lowstick is higher than what the ESC thinks zero should be and the motor starts.

So set your throttle hold to +10% rather than zero... then do a fixed endpoint calibration on the castle ESC. Instructions on how to do this are here: www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/setup_fixed_endpoints.pdf

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You can lower your throttle trim down just enough for the ESC to activate. It will not arm until it sees a low throttle signal. And trust me, the BX could care less about subtrim on the throttle.

With that said though, you should go through the throttle calibration for the ESC so that you know you are at low stick and you know you are getting 100% throttle.

junior10

[video=youtube_share;YurRbNA8gjM]https://youtu.be/YurRbNA8gjM[/video] he it is, short and sweet. i'll get some pics after i cleanup the wiring.

I thought about buying a 380 but i just picked up a Blade 260cfx and finished building my 450 Dominator. I havent even put either of them in the air yet, yes i know i have an issue. What are some thoughts on the 380?

Smoggie

I missed the video when it was posted, nice neat job on the wiring!

The 380 looks good. It's quite heavy for it's size so needs pretty high headspeed according to most reports. SAB have just released a 420 size Goblin which appears to be a stretch of the 380, so that one would be worth considering too.

Top Bottom