450 Gaui X3 with Hobbymate HB800

murankar

Staff member
So here is the new thread. So far hear is what I got.

menu options

A: Mounting Orentation: flat
B: Swash plate Servo Freq: 200Hz
C: Tail Servo cpp length: 1520uh
D: Tail Servo freq: 333Hz
E: Tail servo rotor end point: DONE
F: Tail Sensor direction: Need to check and re check
G: Swashplate servo centering: Set (I think)
H: Swashplate Mixer: 120°
I: Swashplate servo directio: Done I think (collective is still backwards)
J: Swashplate cyclic pitch geometry: Still need to do this
K: Collective Pitch range: Still need to do
L: Swashplate cyclic limit: Still needs done
M: Swashplate sensor direction: I think its set, need to recheck
N: Pirouette optimization direction: I think its set, need to recheck

I have set the menu items for rx type and the options for control behavior, swash pitching, tail headlock gain, ect, ect ect.

I have defaulted the second menu items till I fly.

Now for the collective deal, my collective is reversed and not sure how to correct. I think its in the radio but have not really gotten to play with it. I still need to set 6° and dreading that since I have to do it the hard way. I don't have a digital pitch gauge yet but I think I can get it real close. My swash Is more level than it was with the old gyro, i think. Now I need to put the head back on and start the 6° thing and hope I can get this thing mostly done tonight. I have a 12 hour shift tomorrow and wont be home till almost 7:00 pm. Will see how this plays out.

Last edited:

chrisrock

yeah I done some research with that gyro on youtube, and that's the beastx clone(3d-h v1). You should be alright. Much easier to setup than the zyx

murankar

Staff member
It was going smooth, got the pitch set, the 6° reference pitch and the collective reversed. After reversing the collective went back and redid the 6° reference and while doing the 11° of pitch postive and negative I burned out my elevator servo. I didnt see smoke but i did smell some strange smell from that servo and now it is unresponsive. Time to dig out some cash or hopefully someone will buy my fly bar tail electrics. I really need to sell that if anyone is interested. I know we have some people on here fly a flybar so how bout it, I really need a new servo now.

I also got the swash correction set the best I could with a burned out servo. ANyhow time for a shower and bed.

Thank you chris, it does semm to be going a lot easier at this point except for my one issue. I also have to find out why my collective is going full range of the servos. FOr some reason even though I had my pitch set it was still going full range.

Last edited:

heli-maniac

If I would have thought of it I would have sent you my Align Digital Pitch gauge
I can mail it out to you Thursday if you want
I found a way to use my micro digital pitch gauge on my 550 and fusion 50 so its not like ill be with out one

You should be able to reverse the pitch in your radio settings
on the tail setting you will need to set it to blue or blue flashing in the advanced setting I Know on the Warp it was the only way to get the tail solid

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Well the Guai is grounded till I get a new servo. If I have to I will by a set of equivalent align servos. Not really wanting to get Align servos but if I have to I will. Not sure which ones I would need though.

looks like the DS416 servos would be real close to what I have already.

Last edited:

heli-maniac

If your going to buy servos Buy the KST215mg they are the same servos that Gaui uses just re branded and they are way better than the Aligns
And they are not all that much like 24 to 28 bucks not bad for full metal cased servos

murankar

Staff member
Ill have to take a look. If they are close to what i have now then ill have to get the set. Need to make a sale first.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
I looked at those servos last night just before i fell asleep. The prices range 25.99 to 29.99.

One down fall is and its minor, i would only be able to run at 6.0v. My tail servo is 6v max. Those servos are rated up to 7.4v.

murankar

Staff member
Okay i might consider it. The voltage thing not that big of a deal. 6v should be plenty for me.

I just found what KST servos will work for a 450 class frame. Upon some research i did find the KST tail servo, its the ds515mg. At heli direct its listed at about $65. Rcferret is my next stop.

murankar

Staff member
It can take both. The full size is on the left frame and the micro on the right frame. I am have one of those moments right now. My obsession of having cyclics servos for swash and tail servo for rudder.

Its me being a&&l about it.

murankar

Staff member
Here is what rcferret.com netted me.

KST

Not to bad on prices. The 215's are not the cheapest i have found, but i wont argue over a dollar. The 515 is really cheap hear. Almost $20 cheaper.

murankar

Staff member
My would kill me. I am looking right now. Need to sell some stuff first. Since its old no one wants it.

Top Bottom