450 Gaui X3 Setup issues (electrics, mechanical and zyx-s)

murankar

Staff member
Nothing against ZYX-S but it is being stubborn for me. What kind of tape you using to mount that gyro?

murankar

Staff member
Thanks to super bad i have a beastx clone. Its the hobbymate hb800. So far its been fairly straight forward. Had some wiring issues that are now cleared up. Went through and all the menu items and did everything but the pitch and swash stuff.

At this point its time to start a new thread covering my journeys with the hb800. My ZYX-S still does what it should just want to try out a new gyro. I think this is going to be the one for me, will see.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

rotorboy2.4

Nothing against ZYX-S but it is being stubborn for me. What kind of tape you using to mount that gyro?

A little light on your ZYX S2. I know this gyro like no other.DO NOT USE ALL THE FOAM for mounting...TRUST ME ON THIS. use 1 piece of double sided tape/foam--and STRAP THE GYRO DOWN as tight as you can---PLEASE TRUST ME ON THIS-Been at this for 30 yrs and have beastx/vbar/ZYX which i use the most--AWESOME GYRO!!! Too much foam when you have vibes makes it worse as it enhances the vibes--Get rid of the foam and PULL IT DOWN TIGHT---I promise you,you will be amazed!! I have this done on all my gyros.TRY IT!!!!!! Frank.

- - - Updated - - -

You will have to change your gains at this point,but your heli will be GREAT. Also, the servo horn balls should be set too as close to center you can, and just get full travel. Then you gryo can work with good resolution. If your ball are set too long,your resolution for the gyro is wrong,and cannot use as much gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Please trust my advice,I understand gyros/pids

- - - Updated - - -

You can email me at rotorboy2.4gh17@yahoo.com or call 314-6295853---i will help you. Frank

murankar

Staff member
I think I had 2 pieces of the supplied tape and had it strapped down. I still have the gyro but I am going to be trying the hobby mate. Once I fnally get these blasted servos then Ill be airborne once again.

Top Bottom