Gaba's whiplash nitro flights

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So the setup is mks HV servos, ikon fbl, and OS 91 HZ-R 3D speed motor , 710mm blades

This flight is IU2 1900rpm on governor gain on ikon of 60.. And needles are a little (little) lean. Pipe in this one is funtech pipe . Two weeks ago. Windy conditions

Whiplash Nitro Flights with Funtech pipe - YouTube

This flight was yesterday iU 2 1950rpm on governor gain 75, needles are bit richer, and pipe is hitori hz-r 3D tuned pipe . Not too windy beautiful flying conditions

Whiplash 90 Nitro with hitori pipe on 91HZ-R 3D speed 7/5/14 - YouTube

Power difference is amazing. Tried this same engine on align pipe, and that pipe choked the living hell out of this engine .. Didn't like it at all. No power, horrid sound. You think these pipes are loud, align Pipe was horrendous .

Both flights are done with too little (11degrees) positive and negative .. I like 12-12.5 and one blade was out of track on both flights .. By half a degree . Lol didn't know it until the last flight yesterday. Negative pitch punch outs just weren't powerful enough. Lol

Have fun. Uploading another set of videos .. 5-6 videos . Smaller videos that need compiling to one ..

Videos taken by a friend on the field.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No one can blame me for no videos now ahahhahahahha

Ohh also.. The next change... Will be 690 blades to get lesser drag and faster response times. Lower weight as well. :)

Last edited:

danhampson

nice flights gaba looks like youve been having alot of fun with that whiplash. cant wait to see the other videos.

Lee

You are pretty much doing it.
The piro and flip are there, just need to reduce the collective now to keep it from climbing.
I find now that i hardly even move the collective at all.

Tony

Staff member
Had to stop it at 5:00. Great flying but that engine sounded sick. Was the gov gain too high?

pvolcko

Nice. You've def improved since the last vids I saw of your flying (think it was on the warp?). Especially backwards flight and transitioning. Seems second nature to you now.

Gov gain sounds too high. A lot of flutter, especially on unloading. But I'm a nitro novice. Maybe that's how it's supposed to behave?

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony and Paul

The first video.. That was gain set at 60

The second video , you saw gain was set to 75.. Y'all referring to the second video ? I'll check again

I was thinking gain is too low.

And my heading hold tail gain is actually too high. So as soon as I hit heading hold, the drive train looses energy as the tail flutters / wags a bit too much lol .. I gotta remember to bring that down too.

pvolcko

Like the nose down funnels too. Don't see them that often.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it was the tail gain that I was hearing then. Definitely a motor flutter though. It happened now and then in the first vid but wa very pronounced in the second. Usually happened on disc unloading.

Second vid
0:30-:40: that chatter may be the tail gain issue?
1:22-23, 25-28, 2:28-29: I thought this was gov gain. Seems the maneuver was overspeeding the head a bit and the gov didn't know what to do with itself in the no-load situation. Nothing too hairy happening on tail so wasn't thinking it was that, but if you know your tail is set too high then it could be the tail tricking me. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh no you were right picking on the engine noise.

I was just thinking out loud that that's something else that was happening

But yes exactly what I was thinking. Overspending head makes the governor go bonkers .. But I'll make sure I am not lean. Governor can be fixed . :)

Yeah I listened again, and yes, there is the governor flutter on unloading.

Tony

Staff member
Sick bad. Like the gov was jacking with it really hard. And I had to stop watching at 5 minutes because he turned his phone sideways lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sick bad. Like the gov was jacking with it really hard. And I had to stop watching at 5 minutes because he turned his phone sideways lmao.

Yeah and I am listening more, seems a little lean on the high too. Like at 2minutes it looses some smoke.

I am going to make some changes ... I got some settings from an ikon pilot for the governor, but I might be doing some things to it first..

I had a bad auto. Boom needs changing lol

Top Bottom