Gaba's Align 150's first video-- hovering inside the house

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Align 150 hovering inside the house - YouTube

My first video of the Align 150. Good bird. obviously a micro.. but much better and much more stable. And TONS of power! SERIOUSLY!

Swash does come off the race in a crash. if you have owned a MSR.. you know what I am talking about.

Main shaft is soft but cheap
After this video I tried to balance the blades, but found out they were perfect from factory. The blades that came with the bird were balanced with some tape from factory

Good tail hold

Board like any other micro is sensitive to vibrations , but its got much less to tweak with than my 130X.. so easier to fix.

The roll rate is now at 12'o clock position. From factory it came at 8'O clock which is beginner setup. 12'O clock is 3D and 2'O clock is advanced 3D.

So now the aileron and elevator axis are much more responsive.

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, don't you remember what happened the last time you tried to fly something in the house? hahahaahahahaha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony.. Yes I do remember. I have to still fix that ghash.. lol

But that was a Warp 360 hahahahahahah :D :D

Ken Jackson

Oh the memories of flying inside. I had a MCPx BL and I had to dial down the Dual rates and throttle to fly inside. I preferred having it on idol up because it's easier to hover with constant RPM, especially inside. HaHa

Can't wait to see you cut loose outside. Surprized that it has a tail rotor motor. Hope its brushless?

Ken

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
SR almost drove horizon hobby to the ground lol

Mcpx had a brushed motor and yes ink had so much power

This is much better :)

EyeStation

You mentioned the pitch pumps and how responsive this thing is. What kind of pitch curves are you running for that flight in the video?
Are your D/R Expo settings similar to the manual settings?
I have been able to do some nice, level slow circuits in a cleared out office at work. Mine is pretty tame for indoor use in an area bigger than your or my living room can offer. I find this to be very easy to control because of the stability that the high head speed gives.
I am impressed you did not hit anything on that table top. Even with the rubber rings on the skids, mine will still want to torque right. But i brought my 25% down some on my throttle curve to make it happen only on a quick throttle up start.
Looking forward to some real flight videos from you, sir!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am running 35-45- 50- 75-100 as my normal and straight pitch curve for ID1 and 2

My throttle curve was before set like Jeff Fasbinder's video, but I went ahead and did linear throttle for normal mode, and it is doing great and I think much better now. Jeff fasbinder's throttle curve (in his videos) will make the tail motor kick in faster but will torque the body more too, but it settles down and flattens out on the top end. I dont like that personally.

I was not looking at the roll rate screw the correct way before, I did not see those two dimples That read 8'o clock and I kept readig it as 2'O clock. I had my Expo set to 30%.. then i flew and found it wayyy to tame. Then I removed all expo but it was still too mild on the aile and ele

then I started reading the manual again and found those two dimples, and then realized I was in beginner settings on roll rate. WIth roll rate at 12'O clock, My expo is now at 25% for ile and ele and rudder at 10%

(Travel adjust is at 70 percent on pitch as per manual)

Lee

Looks sweet Gaba.
I'm very tempted, but i think i'll wait for V2 before i splash the cash. Or more likely, my spar cash will be going into a new big bird.
I'd still like to have a fly of one :D

Top Bottom