Funny sounds and weird feelings, CHECK YOUR HELI!!!!

Lee

My tail was slowly getting worse over the last few flights.
Tail was starting to hunt, were as before it was locked in.
Well the last flight was really bad, so I thought i'd give the heli a look over.
:eek2:

Heres the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slobberdog

Dude lucky boy, great advice as well, I tend to give a lot of the main bits a wiggle before a days flying

Tony

Staff member
Two little bolts could have cost you a heli. Great catch. Like I say, preflight checks are a must.

sarconastic

Nice catch man, that could have been expensive. I am almost anal retentive when it comes to checking over my birds prior to flight. Maybe cause I don't wanna spend any money on parts now LOl. I just want more new birds .

WOody

Graham Lawrie

Well caught dude:) my tail on both 450 and 550 were hunting. I sware all bearings felt great. But the tiniest amount of play and that was the issue. Initially it looked like a gyro problem. Nice one Lee.

murankar

Staff member
Good catch, see what happens when you dont crash a lot. I had a close one on the Gaui but nothing that serious, forgot to tighten down the lower bearing block after fixing the play in the main shaft. Did not notice it till after the funfly. I flew at least 6 packs with the lower block loose on one side. Nice thing is that part has a snug fit in the frames so it didnt move much.

Top Bottom