Setups FPV Package

Walt

Im looking at this package from Ready Made RC

1 x RMRC Custom FPV Package - 5.8GHz RMRC Custom FPV Package - 5.8GHz *
Camera: RMRC-480 NTSC
Video Transmitter: ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz
Video Receiver: ImmersionRC - 5.8GHz Uno Receiver
TX Antenna: IRC - 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna Set (RHCP)
RX Antenna: Standard
Video Goggles or Monitor: FatShark BASE SD Goggles
Batteries: None
OSD: None ? dont know what OSD is

Would this get me going? I have absolutely no experience with fpv and dont want to buy something that I have to immediately upgrade. If I go with the goggles vs the monitor should I get the ones with the receiver built in? also what range would I get with this setup? Could I fly this out my lane to the main road about 1/4 mile with trees?

I ordered a 250 quad from myrcmart that I will be using. They finally processed my order from 2/14/15
1 x KK 2.1 Flight Controller (With Display)
4 x RCX 15A ESC Brushless Motor Speed Controller (SS Series)
1 x Multicopter Power Distribution Board (1-8 Connection / Blue / 45x45mm & 35x35mm)
- Color Substitution (if out of stock): Yes. RCX03-369 (Power Distribution Board in BLue
1 x RCX H250CF-3K (DT Version) FPV Quadcopter (Carbon Fiber / Barebone Frame)
2 x Propeller Mount (Φ5mm / CCW / H1806 / Silver Bullet)
1 x RCX H1806-6 2400KV Micro Outrunner Brushless Motor (4 x Motor / 16 x 5030)
And I have a dx7 radio with AR6100e reciever that I will be using.

Stambo

Don't bother with the 480 camera, you will be disappointed.
Get a Sony Super Had WDR 600 TVL, you can find them for around $35.
I use the Immersion duo and it is great, with diversity you seem to get better reception in the bushy stuff.
The Base goggles are probably what I will replace my Predators with.
My son will eventually get the Preds but they will be good to have for the occasional spectator.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Walt, OSD is On Screen Display. Something like the EZOSD will show you your altitude, air speed, distance away from you as well as an arrow showing where home is. If you are using a gopro or other camera, and the camera goes out, you can, in theory, fly with the OSD to get close enough back to you, so that you can see it LOS (Line Of Sight). But, they also have GPS, a current sensor so you know how much battery you have left and what you have used as well as time flown. I will admit, I ordered the OSD for mine. We will see how well it works.

Stambo

OSD on a mini is probably not a good idea for a new FPV pilot.
Too much information on the screen while the brain is trying to cope with flying FPV for the first time.
Just adding weight and clutter to an already loaded frame.
I would suggest the first few FPV flights should be short, 2 to 3 minutes is plenty.
No worries about battery life then.
Well that's my opinion anyway for what it's worth.

Although I may temporarily fit mine just to see how fast it goes.

Tony

Staff member
Good advice. I keep forgetting how small those 250's really are lol. And agree, for a beginner, no sense in looking at all of the numbers and not where you are flying until you get used to it.

Walt

Thanks for the advice on the camera I will upgrade. Dont think I need the OSD right now I can add that later.

Walt

Camera - RMRC-700XV NTSC
Video Transmitter - ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz
Video Receiver - ImmerisonRC - Duo5800 A/V Diversity Receiver
TX Antenna - VAS - 5.8 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set (RHCP)
RX Antenna - Standard
Video Goggles or Monitor - FatShark BASE SD Goggles
Batteries - One Each 450mAh and 1100mAh RMRC Batteries for TX and RX
OSD - None

Ok I upgraded my camera, Video Receiver and antenna. Will I be able to record video with this setup?

Stambo

Camera - RMRC-700XV NTSC
Video Transmitter - ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz
Video Receiver - ImmerisonRC - Duo5800 A/V Diversity Receiver
TX Antenna - VAS - 5.8 GHz Bluebeam Ultra Antenna Set (RHCP)
RX Antenna - Standard
Video Goggles or Monitor - FatShark BASE SD Goggles
Batteries - One Each 450mAh and 1100mAh RMRC Batteries for TX and RX
OSD - None

Ok I upgraded my camera, Video Receiver and antenna. Will I be able to record video with this setup?

The RMRC-700 camera I am not familiar with however from my research and from the experience of one of the guys that regularly flies with me, anything over 600tvl seems to introduce a degree of lag. Something you really don't want on a mini when a split second could mean a crash.
I am not saying the RMRC-700 camera will have this lag but maybe look at what the "top gun" mini pilots are using, and maybe a few reviews from a miniquad point of view.
The lag generally is not an issue to those that fly larger quads or fixed wing.

The VAS Bluebeam antennas are top of the line according to everything I have read however they are not compatible with the standard antenna on your VRX.
They normally come as a pair, Rx, Tx so you will need another Rx antenna for the second channel of your Duo 5800.

The video's you see on youtube are generally recorded with the mobius or gopro cameras.
You can record what you see but the recorded quality will not be high when played on a large PC monitor.

Stambo

I was wondering why everyone had two cameras on there quads. I found the Sony Super Had WDR 600 TVL http://www.googleadservices.com/pag...R-Color-Board-Camera-OSD-Menu-DNR%252dUS.html

cheaper then the RMRC-700 camera. Can I plug the VRX into a laptop to record?

There is a mini version of that camera in a case that makes it easy to mount and easy to tilt when you get to that stage.
I got mine here.http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-pla...ad-ccd-600tvl-super-camera-2.8mm-lens-for-fpv

You need a converter to record on to your laptop unless it has the capability to record AV.
Something like this. http://www.banggood.com/USB2_0-Vide...-Card-Converter-Record-Receiver-p-921000.html

Walt

Just orderd from GETFPV

Full Naze32 Flight Controller
FatShark Base SD Video Goggles
ImmersionRC Duo 5800 v4 A/V Diversity Receiver (NexWave + 32ch)
ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mw Audio / Video Transmitter
Mobius Action Camera - 1080P HD (Wide Angle Lens C)

Already have a mini 600tvl Sony Super HAD
Im going to use the stock antennas to start with. Will there be much difference when I upgrade the antennas?
Thanks everyone for all the help. Researching FPV gear can be vary overwhelming.

Tony

Staff member
The stock antennas will be fine, as long as you turn with the rudder, and not with much aileron. As long as both antennas are pointing in the same direction, you will have great signal. But, when the quad starts to tilt, you will start seeing some issues. But again, you will be fine with the stock antennas.

Tasajara

But when you do decide to upgrade the clover leaf antennas work great. I have flown 1.5 miles out and had a strong signal all the way. Just keep it line of sight nothing to block the signal.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I would really like to stick a 2200 on my 250 quad and see if I can make it about a mile or so out. Really should build a 500 or bigger for that, or even a plane, but hey, it's what I have now lol.

Walt

I had to send my base goggles back to getfpv they would not power up. looks like there was a short in the cable.

Top Bottom