Setups FPV Help :(

Hello
I need some help and/or advice
I have the following FPV VRX and VTX
RC832 Receiver
TS58500 TX
It came RP-SMA with basic cheapy antennas which I got from HK along with the goggles.
So I ordered a Fat Shark LHCP set of antennas which as we know have SMA connectors.
I like the thought of LHCP so if later down the road I happen to fly with others I stand
a greater chance of not having to change channels.
So....I ordered some adapters to let them mount to the RP-SMA VRX and VTX
Now prior to this I was getting OK signal but only out to about 100 yards if that
and at that point I got the wavy lines hence why I went with better antennas.
So I attached the FS antennas with the adapters and GOODDD it sucked even worse.
I couldn't get 25 feet away and was so wavy and white snowy I just gave up.
So it seems the adapters may be a hindrance :( ??
Also I noticed even right in front of me as soon as I grabbed my transmitter to arm the quad
I was getting waviness while holding it. Then when I move the TX it went away.
So here is where I need help and or advice.
1: Should I get a filter and stick on it to help possible electrical interference?
2: In your opinions are the VTX and VRX a stable solution? I have read decent reviews on them prior to the purchase
and everything I have read stated they were a good set up and I have read some of the big boys use them as well.
3: Should I consider getting into an SMA setup (VTX/VRX) or purchase RP-SMA antennas? In order to get
away from the adapters I will have to either go one direction or the other.
The end result is I want to at least fly further than 100 foot and be able to see where I am going :)
Also should I consider experimenting with different channels? Currently I am on channel 1 (no other people are flying near me)
Attached is currently how my antennas are mounted on both goggles and quad. Cheapy set but I mounted the FS's the same.
Also to add as a question...
What should be my expectation of FPV video?
Now I do not expect crystal clear video because being an IT guy
I know that's not going to happen in most cases.
But I would hope that I should see at least 75% to 90% visual pleasure?
I have watched several YouTube video's with guys recording thru the FPV camera
itself and what I saw I liked but I am "No Where"...NO WHERE... close to that.
I just do not want to have an expectation that is not obtainable :/
:dunno: ummmm so much for the picture it seems I am back to not being able to upload pics from PC.
I will add pic from phone if it will let me.

Hello
I need some help and/or advice
I have the following FPV VRX and VTX
RC832 Receiver
TS58500 TX
It came RP-SMA with basic cheapy antennas which I got from HK along with the goggles.
So I ordered a Fat Shark LHCP set of antennas which as we know have SMA connectors.
I like the thought of LHCP so if later down the road I happen to fly with others I stand
a greater chance of not having to change channels.
So....I ordered some adapters to let them mount to the RP-SMA VRX and VTX
Now prior to this I was getting OK signal but only out to about 100 yards if that
and at that point I got the wavy lines hence why I went with better antennas.
So I attached the FS antennas with the adapters and GOODDD it sucked even worse.
I couldn't get 25 feet away and was so wavy and white snowy I just gave up.
So it seems the adapters may be a hindrance :( ??
Also I noticed even right in front of me as soon as I grabbed my transmitter to arm the quad
I was getting waviness while holding it. Then when I move the TX it went away.
So here is where I need help and or advice.
1: Should I get a filter and stick on it to help possible electrical interference?
2: In your opinions are the VTX and VRX a stable solution? I have read decent reviews on them prior to the purchase
and everything I have read stated they were a good set up and I have read some of the big boys use them as well.
3: Should I consider getting into an SMA setup (VTX/VRX) or purchase RP-SMA antennas? In order to get
away from the adapters I will have to either go one direction or the other.
The end result is I want to at least fly further than 100 foot and be able to see where I am going :)
Also should I consider experimenting with different channels? Currently I am on channel 1 (no other people are flying near me)
Attached is currently how my antennas are mounted on both goggles and quad. Cheapy set but I mounted the FS's the same.
Also to add as a question...
What should be my expectation of FPV video?
Now I do not expect crystal clear video because being an IT guy
I know that's not going to happen in most cases.
But I would hope that I should see at least 75% to 90% visual pleasure?
I have watched several YouTube video's with guys recording thru the FPV camera
itself and what I saw I liked but I am "No Where"...NO WHERE... close to that.
I just do not want to have an expectation that is not obtainable :/
:dunno: ummmm so much for the picture it seems I am back to not being able to upload pics from PC.
I will add pic from phone if it will let me.
uploadfromtaptalk1435777796885.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435777796885.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried changing channels? The channel you are on may have too much traffic.

Thats what I am going to do when I get more time.
I was at lunch and wanted to test out the Fat Sharks (Immersion) :)
If the weather holds out for Friday I will be off the entire day and
will be able to dedicate more time to it.
I hear others are leaning towards channel 34 or 35 so I may do that 1st
and then see where I stand.
I did order a filter but will not see it until next week.
I was so occupied with the video quality that I kept crashing so
I got frustrated and put it all away before I did something stupid :)

Changed to channel 44 and placed quad in closed room and went into furthest room with fs antennas and pic was better. Now to test more outside when I get more time.
Also tried the radio TX and it did make a quick fuzz but cleared up

Ok
I feel I may have found the problem but not sure what to do about it.
Today I did take quad out to test range on different channels and
for the most part everything was great.
I walked the goggles far away from the quad and was getting great video reception.....
Until I turned on my DX8....
Within 10 seconds the snow, the lines and cutting in and out came back.
Turned DX8 off and all was good again.
Even tried different FPV channels...same result.
Is it my DX8 or is it my Lemon RX?
What can I do? Anything?
I have an AR8000 RX should I try that?
Tony your a Spektrum guy any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I found this on YouTube, same exact thing happening to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GxUXqQ1aIc

Tony

Staff member
how close are your antennas to each other? I'm talking on the quad and with your Tx/base station. If they are close, try to move them as far away as you can from each other. With my fatsharks, I didn't have any issue like this with my DX9.

Kind of confused as to the question but if you are referring to the FPV antenna on quad
and the Lemon RX antenna below is a pick.
The main part of the lemon is under the top plate just forward of the CC3D controller
and the satellite is directly under the very bottom plate holding the arms near the
very rear of the quad.

I carried quad over 100 foot away from goggles and DX8 when I tested.
antennas2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

To add I do not get the interference if DX8 is close to quad only if it is close to goggles

antennas2.jpg

Lee

Well thats a tough one:(
I have no issues using my DX8, with any of my systems.
Did you try running the system before mounting to the quad?

Stambo

Have you tried moving the video rx further away and run a longer lead to the goggles?
Also check that you have the right antennas, make sure one end has a pin to go in the hole at the other if you get what I mean.
SMA and RPSMA can be confusing. :)

Last edited:
Yes that's the whole problem. The fat sharks are the problem. I am going to prepare a video to show the results.
In short if a fat shark is any where near the DX8 the video goes balistic.
With the hk antennas I have no problems

Tony

Staff member
For some reason I'm thinking you had to use adapters to get them to work. If this is the case, I will bet you have a bad connection somewhere. My money is on the small pin in the center of the antenna going into the screw on port.

The adapters are female on both sides.
Since my hk antennas are also lhcp I was able to flip flop all components to test just that thought. Tests came back the same all around.
When an hk antenna was on the receiver I had no issue unless I physically rubbed the DX8 on the receiver itself but with the fs antenna as soon as the radio was turned on 2 feet away it started showing issues.
The only way to use the fs antennas is to have the receiver behind me where as my body totally blocks the radio and fs antenna.
I am just frustrated over this.
Purchased quality stuff and do do hits the fan.....

Well since the Admin over at FPVLABS must be on vacation I did a little redesigning.
Sorry the pic is sideways. ..... I figured the phone was smart enough or maybe I'm not lol
Had the tripod laying around from my past camera exploits.
uploadfromtaptalk1436182499042.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436182499042.jpg

Top Bottom