FPV Course

Stambo

Set up an FPV course on a bit of vacant land next to the Otaika sports park in Whangarei, New Zealand.
Some arrows cut from coreflute, a bit of barrier tape and some pool noodles and off we went.
We changed the course a little after the first few laps and moved ourselves out of the sun. This was so much fun.
We didn't actually race but I managed a few laps behind Rob before he parked in a tree.
I never realized until I crashed, that he was no longer in front of me. I just kept going harder and harder until the inevitable happened.
The first half was a bit erratic but by the 10th battery things were starting to gel a bit.
This is basically 10 batteries condensed to 10 minutes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyf6NJqvsY

Last edited:

EyeStation

That was a blast to watch! You were making it through the low noodle, but the speed you gained after raising it was worth it.
Cool stuff!!!
(Weird, I went to post a reply to this yesterday after watching, and I got some strange "Not authorized" page.)

Lee

Thats cool. I have been planning a course here with some pool noodles, once the wind calms down.

Admiral

That was great, dam video pushed me one step closer to building a quad, don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, I love that course. Amazing the way you used the bushes and those simple little arrows that can help navigate the course. The beginning was a little slow, but man, at the end you were ripping it. Sucks about the crash at the end though.

That was great, dam video pushed me one step closer to building a quad, don't know how much longer I can hold out.

DO IT!!! You know you want to!!! Give in to the temptation! You can have that thing flying for around $150USD! Com'on man, you know you want to, everyone is doing it!!!! :chuckles:

Stambo

The crash at the end was because I was trying to catch the other quad, the one that was already parked in a tree. :)
His machine has much more power but he hasn't learned to use it yet. :)
It cost me 2 props, no biggie.
I love how cheap these things are to crash.
Once you figure that out you are prepared to take more risks which advances your skill much faster.
If you are not breaking props you are not trying hard enough. :)

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, true dat. That is the reason I purchased the cheap props in hopes that I can do a little more and not worry about breaking CF props all the time.

Admiral

DO IT!!! You know you want to!!! Give in to the temptation! You can have that thing flying for around $150USD! Com'on man, you know you want to, everyone is doing it!!!! :chuckles:

I'm off to Hawaii, Canada and Alaska in about 10 days so I better not do it before I go, maybe while I'm away I'll see something I like.

Actually I had my first quad about 4 years ago when they first released the Parrot Drone, still have it on the shelf, but after a couple of weeks it bored me silly, but these later ones with FPV look really exciting.

It will happen when I get back, have promised myself.

Stambo

I'm off to Hawaii, Canada and Alaska in about 10 days so I better not do it before I go, maybe while I'm away I'll see something I like.

Actually I had my first quad about 4 years ago when they first released the Parrot Drone, still have it on the shelf, but after a couple of weeks it bored me silly, but these later ones with FPV look really exciting.

It will happen when I get back, have promised myself.

That was me as well, LOS was ok at first but I started getting a bit bored.
Then I discovered FPV and I am now an addict. :D

Top Bottom