General FPV antenna

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm always looking and trying out different FPV antenna for my FPV flying needs. I'm not really looking for long distance but it's nice. Mostly looking for an antenna that can keep it's reception around CBS "Concrete block structures" buildings, trees, shrubbery and so on. Long distance is nice till you have to do the, "Walk of shame" :facepalm: I rather challenge my self going in, out and around trees, buildings and other structures. The set up I have now works great but nothing wrong with upgrading a bit. The omni directional antenna I'm using now is a Aomway and it has the gain of 3dbi. The new antenna I got for Christmas is the VAS skyhammer and it has the gain of 5.25dbi. The VAS antenna is on the left side of goggles batch_IMG_1090.JPG This antenna has almost twice the dbi I have now. Test flight tomorrow...I hope :).

Admiral

Looks good, the Technical side of drones was what I enjoyed, flying was OK, would probably stuck with FPV but could find no interest in the people I fly helicopters with and without a bit of competition I lost interested.

Really enjoy your posts and flight videos

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well... How about that test flight?

I wasn't going to post the flight video till you just mention it. Now I know why I wasn't going to post the video. I added music to the video and this time you tube taking 2:19 mins to publish it. I'll put it up on videos when it get done. BTW the antenna worked great :).

Tony

Staff member
awesome flight! What camera are you recording for the video? And do you record your video feed from the VTX? With your new antenna, I would like to see how it looks in the goggles.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
awesome flight! What camera are you recording for the video? And do you record your video feed from the VTX? With your new antenna, I would like to see how it looks in the goggles.
Thanks Tony. I'm using this action camera for my recordings RunCam RunCam 2 HD Camera | Horizon Hobby I normally don't record with my vtx/fc or dvr in my goggles. I will record, next time, with my goggles so you can see what I'm seeing. I don't have FatShark goggles. Can't afford them.

Top Bottom