Forum Layout Changes Coming

Tony

Staff member
The longer this forum exists on the net, the more cluttered it gets. My goal when I created RCH was to keep it as clean and easy to navigate as I could. Well, that didn't go so well and we are left with things that are getting harder and harder to find. Because of this, we are going to redo the layout of the forum. No, not the colors or anything like that, I'm talking the forum sections.

As of right now, the forum is growing longer and longer. I don't know about you, but I don't like long forums, and I don't like forums with endless subforums either. What I have planned will condense the main forum down into groups. In those groups, there will be for example, Helicopters, Airplanes, Cars... and so on. In each of those categories, there will be sub forums for everything from the different sizes, to the electronics for each. I know planes and heli's can share the same batteries, but I'm going to split these up. I'm also going to create a forum just for Tx's and Rx's and break them down by manufacturer.

It may sound confusing, and it is, but it will not be once it's all done. Because of the complexity of moving all of these forums and posts around, I may close the forum for a short while as I get everything moved. This way, no one is bothered by trying to create a post, and it not allow them to because the section is no longer where it was.

If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see on the forum, or what you would like to see go away, let me know. We are going to be doing this soon so post up your opinions fast.

As always, thanks for supporting RCH!

-Tony

Tony

Staff member
You may have noticed the forum is looking a little jacked up. That's right, I'm moving things around and decided to do it with the forum live. I'm just going to close different parts of the forum as I'm moving posts and such around. No sense in closing the whole thing when I'm only working on some parts of it. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Top Bottom