Forum Down Reports

Tony

Staff member
I have received a few emails and comments that the forum went down earlier today. I'm working on it. If you noticed what went on, let me know what you saw or what it did. Was it just non responsive, or did you get a 404, 405, 505 or so on error? I'm trying to track the issue down. Thanks for your patience.

treff

Hi Tony from uk side the forum seems very slow to load up. Wether this is net congestion I do not know.
This morning it took over a minute for the page to load. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
That is the issue I noticed. What is when I looked at the server load and it was very high. Thanks for the report. I'm on it.

Slobberdog

Yeah Tony it was slow but, was getting the usual "oops the connection seems to be" screen on the browser

treff

Also sent a welcome to a new guy and it came up twice when I did not do an edit sort of echo.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, found it after I posted that. The double posts are starting to make me pretty mad. I'm not sure why the forum is doing it either. You can bet that I'm looking for a solution though.

Tony

Staff member
It looks as if the server load was up pretty high a few minutes ago. It has come down now. Is the forum still slow for you, or is it resolved?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I know, the forum was down. I'm looking into it. Might just need to get a bigger server. I think I'm running out of resources. I'm trying. Money is not helping lmao.

Tony

Staff member
After a lot of testing and looking, it seems that we are running out of memory. They were supposed to inform me if I got close to my limit. I'm going to try all I can to upgrade to a new server, but with teh lack of money that my family and I have, we may just have to put up with this for a bit. I don't want to, but don't think we have a choice. The next step up is about $150 a month, just for hosting.

Tony

Staff member
I'm aware of the forum going down just a little bit ago. Did some checking, and it seems that "spamd" went down but restarted it's self. Looks like I can't catch a break. Looks like if I want to keep this forum up and running, I'm going to have to spend about $500 on my own server. I assure you, I'm working on it.

Top Bottom