Flight sim controller for mac

guegue

I have X PLANE 9 for mac... but what hardware is compatible for heli?...or what other low cost alternative (software + controller) do I have?

Lee

Try Heli-X. Its what i use. Any USB controller will work. I use my Spectrum DX6I. www.heli-x.net free to try and 49 euros for the whole program.

Lee

No Vince. Its too much money for me. I'd rather spend that money on my real helis. I think for 49 euros, the Heli-x sim does the job perfectly for me. Although now i have windows on my mac, i might give phoenix a try. :D

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Ok Lee, just put up the link in case you've not seen that one. I tried Heli-X last night, and I didn't like it. Mind, it was the demo version, but so far I like Phoenix the best. Hoping to have a go at RealFlight when I can afford it.

I haven't been able to use my dx6i with a sim yet, as no trainer cable came with it. I've ordered one from http://www.dealextreme.com/, and after our customs dicks around for a few senseless days, I might have it in 2 weeks.

Not that I am advocating copyright infringement, but I have heard there are torrents of full working versions of sim out there to properly evaluate software, instead of making a purchase based on a demo with almost all features crippled.

Last edited:

Lee

If i get phoenix i'll catch up with you online and we can have a fly :D

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I haven't played it online yet, but that would be fun. I have about a 1/2 second rtt with my super high speed (lol) dsl, so that should be almost like flying in the real world :highly_amused:

Lee

I used to hate playing CoD 4 on Xbox with my slow internet. I would be shooting someone in the back for a whole magazine, but they would just turn around and kill me with one shot????? So frustrating.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
that is why I never play FPS games. all those LPB's wired into OC10 or better ... jeezus. lol your bullets were still on the way, when that guy turned and got you. friggin' campers sniping respawn's are as bad as troll's too.

Lee

It was worse when i was in Australia and our team was playing against one from the US. They would always get the server. So they would be running around like mouse on crack and we'd be walking around like snails getting ripped to pieces. BUT... when we did beat them, we sure let them know how much they sucked LOL :D

Top Bottom