First GoPro test flight

Nice flight there dw, never seen a gopro mounted there before, looks good seeing the swash in action. Looks like the main shaft is bent, obviously an optical illusion..lol

Admiral

Looks great, the video quality is there compared to the cheap spy cam that I use, I may have to trade up.

Stambo

Nice flight DW.
With that flight you have obviously discovered why many have tried and given up taking aerial video from an RC helicopter.
With all the vibrations that go on in a heli, getting rid of that wavy jello effect is near impossible.
I say near impossible because a few have done it, although generally with larger heli's.
I tried and gave up, although my best results were solid mount with no isolation.
I now fly multirotors and and AXN for video.
The easiest for me by far for smooth video is the AXN, and you can throttle down and glide for a nice quiet video.
No matter what your cam is on though, it is still pretty cool to get that perspective.
I still remember how thrilled I was to watch my first few. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great, the video quality is there compared to the cheap spy cam that I use, I may have to trade up.

Try a Mobius Admiral.
Much cheaper, especially if you lose it or crash and wreck the thing. :)
A few here have got them now and are very impressed with the quality.

Lee

Really good footage, with little jello effect.
You must have your heli well balanced.

dwmoore

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the comments. The original clip, after editing in GoPro studio, had very little wave. Somehow the upload to youtube induced the jello. Annoying, but still loads of fun. I am flying the 450 with 500 size skids on bottom, to give a wider stance and keep the tail rotor out of the grass. I really love that view, though, especially seeing the lake in the distance.

Top Bottom