First crash with 450 sport :/

Extensa

Today my friend decided she wanted to film me flying so we went down to a local field she set her camera up and I started to hover which was fine done two big circles and landed then she said she hadn't started filming so off I went again hovering done half the circle got dazzled by sun when heli was visable again I realised it was slight nose down heading very fast towards us which is when I panicked pulled tail back too hard and went inverted in normal mode at 75% throttle straight into ground tail and rotor first.
The damage is both main blades snapped both fly bar rods bent and one paddle snapped off main shaft bent tail boom pushed forward slightly which has loosened belt and gyro keeps going full left rudder when stick is centred in total £30 of damage but may need new gyro see if I can get it working when replacement parts arrive tomorrow. Think I should stick to just hovering for now :)
I'll upload the crash vid soon ;)

Tony

Staff member
That sun will get you every time. It has gotten me with heli's and planes alike. Fly, Crash, Rebuild, that is the name of the game.

Extensa

Well I have rebuilt the heli but I'm getting sidewards movement in the centre tube of the fly bar cage which is moving the fly bar rod right to left a little is this something to worry about? Seems to hover ok I haven't got the weights on the fly bar rod though could this be the reason? I should have the vid for u on tuesday ;)

Lee

Do you mean the flybar and cage are moving back and forth on the centre seesaw? If so, you could put a couple of shims in to take up the gap, or take the cage off and press in the sides to gently bend them back in. They may have been bent slightly in the crash.

Tony

Staff member
Do you mean the flybar and cage are moving back and forth on the centre seesaw? If so, you could put a couple of shims in to take up the gap, or take the cage off and press in the sides to gently bend them back in. They may have been bent slightly in the crash.

:werd:

Extensa

I found the problem its the metal flybar seesaw holder moving side to side as well as up and down because one of the screws and washers is missing and the bearing is smashed I can find new bearings and R48 glue but can't find screws and washers unless I buy the full set for £20 which seems stupid to me :/

- - - Updated - - -

found it I have to buy the flybar seesaw holder kit which comes with 2.5mm bearings the screws, washers, and linkage balls I got 2.3mm bearings and R48 glue as well so will have some spares for my next crash ;/

Tony

Staff member
When you say the bearing is smashed, are you sure you are not seeing the flared end? It has a lip on one side of the outer race that keeps it from going in too far and holding it in place. Either way, sounds like you have the parts on the way for it. Hope it's in the air soon.

Extensa

Yer all the little balls were falling out because the outer casing was bent probably because the fly bar rode was badly bent so must of took a real hard hit on that bearing never mind the parts arrive tomorrow actually enjoy the fixing part as well just not the cost :)

Top Bottom