Videos First brief FPV flight with G-OSD-V3

Stambo

I decided I could no longer wait for a spotter to be available to try out my new OSD.
On the weekend I got everything organised and just did it.

Just a quick test flight on my quad with my new G-OSD V3 hooked up and working.
Unfortunately settings in my laptop caused the bottom of the display to be cut off.
Excuse the poor video quality, I was in a bit of a hurry to upload it.
Props are unbalanced, just wanted to see the OSD working.
Return to base "B" works fine as long as you are moving, altitude reading is not super accurate but good enough for what I want. Also altitude does not zero to take off altitude so you have to remember and do some quick math.
GPS coordinates are in decimal format so need conversion to put in google maps.
Mine were within 3 meters.
For a $37.50 OSD I am happy.

I don't know what it is about altitude but at the moment I get freaked when I get too high and find myself doing a bit of a dive to get down lower. Hopefully that will improve the more I fly FPV.

I will have to do a bit of weight reduction as I only got 7 minutes with all the FPV gear on this quad.
Same battery that gives me 15 minutes on my basic X quad. I guess removing the big legs and sticking some heli landing skids will be a start. And maybe a BEC and run everything off the flight battery instead of running a dedicated battery for all the FPV gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oce9ax9ndU

WyDiablo

That "B" that keeps moving around is that a icon for your base take off? And the upside down "T" does that stand for a level copter or just for looks in the center of the video?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the B is base so you know how to get back home. And the upsidedown T is pretty much a way to see if you are level with the horizon. When you have some altitude, keeping level can be pretty hard.

WyDiablo

Not bad for no more than Stambo paid for the gear. Will be nice to get some high dollar gear at that same price lolololol.

Stambo

I figure at the price I paid, I expect some limitations. Time will tell but at this stage I think it's pretty good value as an entry level OSD. The only thing I would really like to add is a current sensor.

Top Bottom