Spektrum firmware update

RandyDSok

I wouldn't call DX6i's "limited", they are just "entry level"...

To qualify my "limited" statement....

When talking about the Spectrum radio's, the number one complaint I read about over and over on the DS6i is that it doesn't provide as much servo travel as the DX7's and up... the second issue I've seen brought up, but only noticed after the person upgraded to another radio, is that it has a higher latency.

So to me... the servo travel issue is a limitation not seen on other radios... While you can overcome the travel issue by using a longer servo arm, it then limits the torque the servo can provide.

Latency, I believe can be compensated by our brains so isn't as much of an issue and I wouldn't think of it as much of a limitation in most cases unless precision is a major requirement like in pattern flying etc.

Batwing

I bought a Spektrum DX6i in 2014 when I got back into RC for my two gliders. 6 channels seemed like more than I would ever need.
I recently got hooked on RC Electric Helis. This quickly lead me to a Spektrum DX7 DSMX which is great for my Align TREX 550L and Blade 360 cfx helis.
I have been using my DX6i for running flight simulation software.
I had to send my DX7 Tx out for service so I took out my DX6i and programmed it for my two Blade 230s helis. Bound them and flew them no problem.
However, I am not able to get the "servo centering" or "trim flight" functions to execute? Maybe it is just me or is this something that the firmware would address?

Lessons learned, one Tx is good two is better!

Happy Flyinghttp://www.rc-help.com/images/smilies/wiggle.gif

trainrider06

I use my DX6i for my Blade SR's, and Huey.....and thats it. The DX8 gets the rest of the workload, 230s, 450 Pro DFC, 450L, 500 Pro DFC...
i think the DX6i is a great entry level radio, and I've seen em as cheap as 75 bucks here lately for a used one. I bought mine off a guy that only used it one time, and have had it for 3 years now, had to replace the roller (got a metal one) and the button that it pushes on, added a backlight to it, but it has served me well.....still does.

Batwing

Batwing.jpgRodney,
Thanks for the update on the DX6i. I am using the DX6i on my two 230s birds while my DX7 dsmx is at Enterprise Hobby (also know as the AlignTrexstore) getting synched up with Blade 360 cfx. Gail and Jack helped me out with the BeastX for my Align Trex 550L and they did a great job. It seems like everyone has gone to drones and it is hard to find support of Helis in LA area. I am always diligent about reading the manual but getting just one setting wrong can ruin your whole day.

The DX6i will mostly be for running the simulator software when I get my USB dongle back from ACCURC in England, great software but postage is expensive.

Happy flying
Batwing

Batwing.jpg

Top Bottom