finally got the bottle

danhampson

I took the protos to the field early this morning, the weather was fresh with a slight breeze.

Started off with some flips and rolls and after about 6-7 of each and finally i got the bottle up to 1/2 back flip and hold it inverted nose in. It was quite a way across the field so i brought her closer (still inverted) and brought it down a bit to about 30ft and pushed out with a roll, I did another couple of minutes flipping to inverted and back and a combination of flip in and roll out. I finished the pack off with a few messy tick tocks (im still pushing left ail) and a couple of loops.
Im still shaking as im writing this, im going to charge the battery up and see if i can get out again later in the day, Im glad i ordered 2 more batteries yesterday (now the better weather is on the way).

Time for a coffee and try to get rid of these shakes, happy flying all.

Derek

That's awesome, Dan! Way to go!! Ya just gotta love those "shakes". I get them with every heli flight. I haven't had a case of the shakes while flying my planes, but my helicopters sure to raise the blood pressure, lol.

danhampson

thanks derek, Im looking forward to getting alot more stick time this season, my goals for this season are backwards flight, inverted forwards and backwards flight and to neaten up my flips, rolls and tick tocks.

murankar

Staff member
Congrats on the progression. I still get the shakes when lifting off the ground. I have had some practice on the sim I hope it plays out in real life.

Congratulations on your flights. That is awesome.. Get some video so we can share your shakes with you... I hope you continue with great flights.

danhampson

Thanks guys. Uri the sim time does pay off and you will know when your ready to try a maneuver. ive been practicing inverted hovering and half flips for about 3 months (on the sim) and can nail all inverted orientations ive just got to try to over come the nerves at the field.

I'll try to get some video this week some time the weather report is ok for this week, so i should be able to get my early morning post work flights in.

danhampson

Camera and battery charged, protos checked. Car packed, weather report OK and camera man sorted. Its looking good for a 6:30am flight. I'm going to go for some more inverted mayhem and get it on video. Wish me luck guys. I'll post the video tomorrow afternoon at some point.

Top Bottom