finally 450 madien with aftermath video

Sparse

[video=youtube_share;wKdyhKJOVNQ]http://youtu.be/wKdyhKJOVNQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;orMpQzHEr8E]http://youtu.be/orMpQzHEr8E[/video]

Last edited:

Sparse

Re: finally 450 madien with comentary

thanks slobberdog what can i do about tipping on take off how can i stop that.

Slobberdog

I always ask because apart from vibes, the use of trim and travel adjust causes this issue,

So make sure you have 100% for all your travel adjusts and no trim,

Sub trim is ok when you set it up in DIR mode

Sparse

I have 100 % travel, and no sub trim tabs are used, but I am gonna go back through dir and look everything over. I did not even have dual rates on that flight. just expo.

Graham Lawrie

Nice flying and good hovering:) I would not get too hung up on the takeoff. You need to compensate with most takeoff due to vibration wind etc. In calm conditions it is ok to very very slightly nudge right stick to pre empt the helicopter naturally wanting to go left.

This can be practiced on the sim. The idea being if you get the timing right you have a vertical lift off. Its about teaching motor skills in your coordination so it becomes second sense:)

EyeStation

That looked good. I can see why you guys get frustrated with the 3GX. That was the first video I saw of it in action on the take off.
I have no problem leaning into the sticks a bit on takeoff. I don't know if it is something I learned by reaction or not. But all my helis will try to do something off centered during take off.
While in the air it looked great. Even the piro was nice and level. That is a good sign of your setup being done well.
Good Job!

Dirk

Looking good. Just learn to compensate for the left drift as the heli lifts off. Have you tried different tail blades? I ended up putting a set of EDGE tail feathers on my 450. The only thing that happens now after a flight is that I have to clean the green grass smears off of it.

treff

Hi Sparse, nice hovering. My one thought watching your vid for the second time is that you are not letting the main rotor come up to
enough speed before you lift and there is a tendency for the tail to drop. I know everyone say to lift off quickly with the 3gx but if
you go to soon your going to have some problems because a slow rotor is not stable. I run the 3gx v3.1 and have no problems at all
on the ground. It's very stable. Like everyone says it must be right in the mechanical set up, everything level and your good to go.
Have fun

Top Bottom