General figuring out head speed.

murankar

Staff member
Okay this is the old question asked again. I have not really been paying to much attention to head speed till right after my repair. I had dropped the throttle curve to a flat 60% on the protos and my flight Times when to almost 7 minutes, I was loving it.

Other things that became apparent was collective management. It was easy to bog the motor with 11° of pitch. So getting ninja on the sticks wasn't going to happen.

So now for the information part. I have decided on the Gaui X3 as the kit. I will be explaining why in a blog post. Anyhow Gaui does not supply a motor pinion with the kit. I will not be changing the motor shaft since pinions are made for 3.17 mm shafts. My options fir pinion size run from 9-13T if memory serves me right.

The part I want to know is what would be ideal for head speed? I want to say around 2500 for a 450 size. My goal is to get 2 opinions; one for lower head speed so I can have nice smooth flight, and one for higher head speeds for when I get into ninjas sticks.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
A 450 can run up to 3500rpm on the head, the 500 is about 2800, about 2500 on the 550, and 2200 on the 600.

murankar

Staff member
I couldn't remember, thank you once again Tony. So now that I have that info I know I can run between 2500 and 3500.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom