General Fight New Faa Regulations

Capn Pete

Has anybody else heard about the FAA getting into our hobby with regulations on FPV? I just heard about it. This issue is so similar to the gun control issue. Instead of going after the bad actors, they want to go after the equipment. There are already laws in place to combat the yahoos that miss-use FPV for spying or voyeurism. More regulations will only restrict all of us who do not miss-use the hobby.

Here is a link to the Flite Test video I just saw on YouTube. It has some good links in it to contact people and fight these new regulations. I am so tired of the government intruding into my every day life. How about you?

Speak up people!
Capn Pete

Tony

Staff member
I gave up on following that crap. I just do what I want to do in my own yard and if someone wants to confront me, let them. They will lose.

Capn Pete

I gave up on following that crap. I just do what I want to do in my own yard and if someone wants to confront me, let them. They will lose.
I know, but I am so tired of these uninformed yahoos in DC trying to run my life. It's either gun control, or EPA or FAA. We could lose half of these 'alphabet agencies' and get along just fine. I just hate being told what to do..l

Tony

Staff member
Something else to note, that video was from 2014. Those rules were thrown out the window. they are trying new rules but from what I heard, they are not getting very far.

Capn Pete

Something else to note, that video was from 2014. Those rules were thrown out the window. they are trying new rules but from what I heard, they are not getting very far.
I have to start looking at the dates on these things. I didn't even see that! Thanks. I still don't like the government pissin' in my cheerios, though!

Tony

Staff member
I feel ya. One thing that I forgot to mention is that the FAA had to return everyone's money that signed up. Some took theirs back, some didn't. But as stated I have not followed this for a while now. I only fly in my yard, and if I fly outside my yard, it is with the server administrator for Mid West City and if the cops give us crap, he will just shut down the servers in that city hahahahaha.

Capn Pete

I feel ya. One thing that I forgot to mention is that the FAA had to return everyone's money that signed up. Some took theirs back, some didn't. But as stated I have not followed this for a while now. I only fly in my yard, and if I fly outside my yard, it is with the server administrator for Mid West City and if the cops give us crap, he will just shut down the servers in that city hahahahaha.
I wish my yard was big enough, I'd do the same thing. I go to the local baseball field and do alot of my flying. I just posted a new video to YouTube of that. Had to use one of their soundtracks, tho. They wouldn't let me use the Led Zepplin one, dammit. Here's the link: . Not professional by any stretch. Mostly posted for friends and family to see what I'm getting into. A flying buddy has a BBop. He has some really nice video.

Top Bottom