Feel sorry for this guy, nice plane

Nice plane, seemed a bit shakey but such a nice turned out plane

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nQJ3TzSZkpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Derek

Yeah, it's always terrible to watch a model crash! The motor sounded real good. Sounded like a lot of power but it really wasn't flying very fast. I wonder what happened.

Certainly a tip stall on the thing, Corsairs were reknown for them. Actually surprised at how well it took off. The pilots manual on these said, on take off, rudder hard left and then gas it up lol
He ended up in a cross wind and too slow.... 250cc 5 cylinder motor in that thing!! should be an absolute weapon. Needed to get it to fly it around a bit more I suspect.

Doum066

I've only flown an plane once, i'm more an heli guy but i wanted to get myself the HK Corsair or the Parkzone one, but the guys at the club told me, the Corsair isn't a good idea to begin with, it's tricky, and needs to get in fast to land, if not, it might turn over... i guess that's what they meant :S

Tony

Staff member
Any of the scale warbirds will have a high wing loading, meaning they need a lot of air speed to take off and land. More so than say an Edge 540. I will back them up, it's not a good beginner plane.

Even the real ones were tricky! I think they lost more corsair pilots to "pilot error" than they did to enemy fire.
Found out, that plane was about 15k worth of plane!!
Big ouch!!
As Tony and the guys from your club said, certainly not a beginners plane! If you want a warbird that is not too ba beginners plane, look at the parkzone or dynam Trojan.

pvolcko

That was painful to watch. Definitely stalled out. Sounded freaking amazing. I wouldn't have had it in me to walk over to it. Would have just crumpled in a ball and gone into a catatonic state for a while.

Would love the motor he was using, it's a 250cc radial! sexy as hell, and as you've all said, it sounds nice!
Not the best way to part with $15k

pvolcko

I also looked like whenever he was flying left to right he was actually flying downwind. There is a windsock that comes in and out of view quickly during the first pass and looks like it is blowing right. Why try to do slow passes or land downwind? Oy. Frikin beautiful model.

Top Bottom