500 FB blades vs FBL

Sparse

yes there is a weight difference though. however i would get the right blades.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

As said there is a weight difference, that being the fbl blades cog is further to the tip to help with stability, the fly bar blades are closer to the root as the paddles aide the stability,

FF781

I don't do any stunt flying still a beginner. Could I get by with these with out giving up a lot of stability?

Sparse

It will, but not to the the effect you will really notice. throw them on see how they feel for you.

Lee

Use the FB blades until you break them, then get FBL ones.
You won't notice the difference.

FF781

The reason I asked is because it seems the carbon fiber blades FB blades are cheaper than FBL .for what i do I would like to be able to run wood so when I crash it is less damage.

The reason I asked is because it seems the carbon fiber blades FB blades are cheaper than FBL .for what i do I would like to be able to run wood so when I crash it is less damage.

I just buy cheap glass fibre ones off eBay, cost around £5 a pair, I used to always crash, I did buy some carbon align blades once and smashed them on the first flight....the cheap ones are ok for me being a novice really, mind you I haven't crashed since I converted my blade to fbl..much easier to control

I don't know what heli you have but I wouldn't buy wooden ones, I have been told they will rip apart if you've upgraded the motor, especially if they don't have the brass insert in the fixing hole, this gives it more strength with the higher torque..

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Correct me if i am wrong. Fbl blades have the cog set out farther than fb blades. Other than that no difference.

It has been rumored that some fb blades work better with certain fbl controllers.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Sparse

yes fbl blades are weighted more towards the tip of the blade, I know this cause after I tore a couple up, the weight became exposed. weird things happen when you first learn to fly. there that way cause you do not have a fb or fb paddles.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
the center of gravity is different on the FBL blades to the FB blades. The gyros react well with FBL blades. There is a technical difference between the two. as a beginner, the FB blades will be JUST fine.. But after that. There is a difference.. and you will notice it eventually. BUT again, not as a beginner.

holtneil

Hi guys to add to the mix , if you use fb blades on a fbl head it will make heli respond faster to cyclic inputs , i tested blades on a 450 fbl heli ,the biggest change i found was if i used light weight fbl blades in a hover the heli was less stable ( 16g each blade ) i then fitted fbl bades at 28g each the heli was very stable and smooth to cyclic inputs ,i think this is due to the weight of the blades dampen down cyclic gains , if i adjusted the cyclic gains on the cyclic servos the heli would become more stable using light blades , if your new to flying run high weight blades turn down servo travel this will help you get used to the heli

Some interesting info here guys, I'm going to try the heavier blades on my blade 450 I've just converted to fbl, as a beginner I need the cyclic response dampening down a bit..

Thanks for the info

murankar

Staff member
This is not the place but to dampen the response on the zyx you turn down the agility for the axis you want. Then add heavier blades that will tone it down even more.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom