Father's Day

sarconastic

I got a fishing lure, a fishing shirt and a socket set. My son got a V911 RTF, I might have had something to do with that though. We spent the afternoon flying V911's together, was a really fun time. He picked up on it pretty fast. I had him using the simulator a while back, so that helped. Only had to dig it out of the tree once. I had to take the radio and recover him from the a trip into nowhere twice too. But he still did pretty good with it.
Woody

I got a fishing lure, a fishing shirt and a socket set. My son got a V911 RTF, I might have had something to do with that though. We spent the afternoon flying V911's together, was a really fun time. He picked up on it pretty fast. I had him using the simulator a while back, so that helped. Only had to dig it out of the tree once. I had to take the radio and recover him from the a trip into nowhere twice too. But he still did pretty good with it.
Woody

You done ok there then Woody, just checked out that v911 looks like a good little heli, cheap too, might get one...

sarconastic

Blackwarrior. I love my little V911. With a little tweaking and a cheap mod it is a really good fixed pitch Heli to learn on. Ironically I never fully got 100% out of the little heli until I built this 450 clone. I didn't understand swash setup as well as I thought I did. After building the 450 I went back and reset the swash and servos on the 911 and it fly 10 time better than it ever did. I bought the metal swash upgrade kit a while ago and some 200Mah batteries. But when I installed them all the thing barely flew. Removed the Aluminum head but left the Swash and swash guide and now it flies great after the swash is setup correctly. A little tweaking on he FS-T6 and it flies out of this world.

Later

Woody

Blackwarrior. I love my little V911. With a little tweaking and a cheap mod it is a really good fixed pitch Heli to learn on. Ironically I never fully got 100% out of the little heli until I built this 450 clone. I didn't understand swash setup as well as I thought I did. After building the 450 I went back and reset the swash and servos on the 911 and it fly 10 time better than it ever did. I bought the metal swash upgrade kit a while ago and some 200Mah batteries. But when I installed them all the thing barely flew. Removed the Aluminum head but left the Swash and swash guide and now it flies great after the swash is setup correctly. A little tweaking on he FS-T6 and it flies out of this world.

Later

Woody

You've convinced me Woody, I'm going to order one, have you tried it in a breeze, I've got a few helis with a motor driven tail and there hopeless in any wind, even my volitation 9053 with a huge tail blade is hopeless...and you can't really fly that indoors

Thanks for the info..

- - - Updated - - -

Woody do you know if the bnf version can be used with a dx6i. Tx

Have you got any videos of it

Cheers

wolfman76

You've convinced me Woody, I'm going to order one, have you tried it in a breeze, I've got a few helis with a motor driven tail and there hopeless in any wind, even my volitation 9053 with a huge tail blade is hopeless...and you can't really fly that indoors

Thanks for the info..

- - - Updated - - -

Woody do you know if the bnf version can be used with a dx6i. Tx

Have you got any videos of it

Cheers

You should be able to use the dx6i with that heli the fs-t6 I think is the same as the dx6i

wolfman76

I would wait to hear from the seller just to be sure if they are a reputable seller on ebay they should get back to you in reasonable amount of time.. fs is frysky right if so I think it is like a spektrum clone tx

Last edited:

sarconastic

No the WLtoys branded micros are not Dx6i or any Spektrum compatible. FlySky is the protocol used on the V911 V912 and some of the Wltoys branded quads as well. The Spektrum uses DSM2/DSMX whereas Flysky and some Turnigy branded transmitters use AFHDS (Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System) . So if you already have a DX6i you cannot fly the V series without some sort of transmitter adapter module. I have read that some of the other Wltoys transmitters use Hisky Protocols on theirs which are also not compatible with Spektrum or Flysky for that matter.

The reason I have the FS-T6 is simply you can by the V911 Kit for around $35 then add an FS-t6 for somewhere around $50, Then buy BNF birds and fly away. This is great to get started and get you familiar, at a lower cost , then the FS-T6 is fully capable for 6 channel flight later on as well. I spent more on a used Dx6i and an MCPX thatn I dide on a brand new V911 with my Flysky Fs-t6.

The FS-T6 is confused with DX6i Spectrum protocol a lot because people often reference how similar the FS-T6 and Dx6i menu settings are. I will compare these as soon as I receive my DX6i though later this week.

Thanks

Woody

Last edited:
Top Bottom