450 EXI 450 Pro TT Gear Replacement / Tail Grip Replacement.

Tony

Staff member
Hey guys, as you have read in my other thread, I have started the work on the EXI to get it back up in the air. The first thing was getting the gear replaced that started loosing teeth. The second thing was replacing the blade grips on the tail to much smoother Align grips. All in all, this run me about $40, but that also included a little "something" that I showed you in this video. But, I will reveal what that is in the next video. So, subscribe to me so you don't miss it.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1kxkz58Rb4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
It is pretty exciting though. You guys will love the addition. Can't wait for Tony to fly or fail ... guess we'll have to wait for the video to find out :biggrin1: ... I'm rooting for you though Tony. It think it will work out maaaavelous darlink!

Tony

Staff member
Lets hope so. I have not even finished anything yet. I'm still a ways away from taking it outside. But, hopefully it will get there. Lots of setup to be done now.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony, I couldn't see any blade strike in that video. Hmmmm. And only the one gear. Usually it's both pinion gears that go. Every time my tail blades no mater how slight hit the ground there was a loud noise! The other thing that I notest was your tail fin seams a bit short. That to me caused the strike. You may want to extend that fin to get the blades off the groung a little. The take off seemed very level to me. I did not see any dip toward the ground on the tail. so, you can either add a little to the tail fin, or get higher landing gear. Or both. I replaced my landing gear on my 600 with 700 gear. They are a lot more stiffer than the 600 gear And I'm adding a couple of inches to my tail by bolting a piece of thin 1x1/8 in wood to it.

Tony

Staff member
The heli is actually tail heavy, that doesn't help. There is a good 3/4" of clearence from teh blades to the ground when the fin is sitting there on the ground. What happened is the fin dug into the dirt, and I think the blades found a small rock or something. And yup, only the one gear. The gears in the back are fine. But, we will have to see how it works when I get everythign done and fly it. I'm trying to install a new ESC right now off of another plane. This should be fun hehe.

Tony

Staff member
when the sticker came loose, and I didn't know what the sound was, I sat it down in the grass.

Top Bottom