EXI 450 Flights.. and a crash in the end

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So.. I am excited to share this.. :D Windy day 15-20mph wind with slight gusts. Went one full battery with forward flight. And the second one... decided to do a video. Part one and two because my stupid camera fell the first time. The flight was going good. I was flying in a church backyard, so once as you'll see in the video, it went around the corner where i could barely see it and control it, so i set it down lightly, brought it back and went again. Then towards the end, i went too far and too far high. bringing it back, I couldn't see it behind a chimney so i panicked and cut the throttle. U'll see i panicked there for a little bit because I thought i hit a car or a window or worse.. a person.. lol.. so i ran... but it wasnt that bad... i have posted my crash damage in the crash section. So please also check that out and help me...

DARE LAUGH AT ME TRYING TO TURN THE TX WITH THE HELI!! lol :redface: I feel connected.. LMAO!! Well, here are the links. Check'em out..

Part1:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v7nNuRJgz64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part2:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/knadw3i0u2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S.: Tony... This is the second time I am writing this... some "Database error" in the post.. but anywaz... lol

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
In case you were wondering Gaba, I added the code so the videos are now embedded within your thread. I hope you don't mind :biggrin1:

Whirlybird

Nice Gaba :hdbng: You're showing some great control . . . wind sounds pretty strong.

What camera are you using? It has a very limited horizontal width . . . .

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey... thanks!! :) i was using an iphone, its vertical because horizontally it was showing too much of my car hood. I am trying to rig up a mount for this phone on a hat. So next time videos might be much better. :)
I know you are going to say.. just get a stupid camera.. lol.. I will.. but right now i am trying to get a mcpx. so lets c... :)

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you need to figure out a way to put the iphone on it's side so that you can get better video that we can see better. And, it would show a wider angle of view. And I admit, I laughed lmao. Not at you swinging that controller around, but at the amount of walking that you did hahaha. I think you went farther than the heli did lol. Great flying though bro :thumbsup:

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I actually just got a chance to watch the videos. From what I'm seeing (and this is a nOOb talking) you are flying pretty good Gaba :biggrin1: There seemed to be quite a bit of wind going on there and you are able to hover it without issue. You are also transitioning from one side to the other very well, regardless of orientation. Very good going!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol Tony! I know, if I felt it was going far, I walked to it a little bit!! Lmao! Yeah... It's natural... I walk a lot!!hahahhahha! And yes I just need some time to het all these things goin, my 12v supply, my camera mount. I have the stuff, and the idea, just need the time to put it together. I hope this weekend I make it all work.

And paul. Thanks man! :) I was happy after the first full battery of circuits in both directions, truly this one was my first time to do successful circuis.. And nose in approach. Thanks to msr and clearview! They both helped a lot! :) just wanna get the bird back in the air now And do some loops. Or atleast do circuits.. Lol :)

Whirlybird

Gaba, I bet you're the type who makes all sorts of gyrations after releasing your bowling ball . . . you may even follow it down the lane to show it where to go :yikes:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
HAHAHAHHA! true that whirly!! i am so totally like that! Lol.... thats why i am not os good at bowling!! lmao!! :D :D

zapster

be carefull flying it around you.you get dizzy LOL nice job i,m just learning too, but just remember
"money cant buy happiness but it can buy a helicopter nice enough to fly right up beside it"

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
why does everyone say "Flight video, Crash At The End". When else would be crash be? hahahahaha

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
u dont know.... the crash can be in the middle and have the guy talk for like 20mins after that... lol :p hahahaha

Top Bottom