ESC ESC settings

bbj

I build a trex 500pro dfc and am using the ESC that came with this model. My question is being a new pilot should I change the default settings on the ESC and is it necessary to check that those are the actual settings. Setting default are brake (brake disabled), electronic timing (Mid-timing), Battery protection (high cutoff voltage protection), aircraft (helicopter 1 soft start), throttle response speed (quick speed) and Bec output voltage (5.5v). Being a new pilot and this the first time flying anything like this should I set the throttle response speed to medium speed instead of quick speed. Are the other settings correct?

Thanks, BBJ:smile:

murankar

Staff member
Check the motor timing and see if it matches you motor. If there is a pole count setting make sure it match's the pole count of the motor. Activate soft start and break off.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Those settings seem pretty good. The only thing I would look at changing is the throttle response. I like the smooth transitions from normal to iu1 and iu2 like the YEP provides. And if the Align ESC can do that, then I think I need to look more into it lol.

bbj

Should I change the throttle response down to medium speed? I saw some else had set theirs to medium but others left it at high.

Tony

Staff member
This is going to be one of those "per user" settings. Try each of them out and see what you think.

Top Bottom