General Equipment gone bad

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The last time I flew my 550, I ended up crashing. I blame it on my dumb thumbs flying. Today, while setting up my 550, I notice something that wasn't right. My tail control rod was moving in and out when my tail servo moved left or right. The tail section wasn't moving. The tail rod design is not a good one. batch_IMG_1122.JPG See where there say apply CA glue. I did but after today, I need to find a different way to attach this linkage to the rod . The glue didn't hold by it self and that's why I lost tail control and crashed. Just because it looks good on paper, doesn't mean it will work. This time I'm going to add a drop of CA glue to the outside, let it dry then hot glue in place where the rod and linkage meet. My other Idea is to get a different control rod that actually hold together and works. I kind of going with my second choice. I really don't want that rod to move again while flying. The crash stinks but it wasn't my dumb thumbs... it was a poor design. Just my opinion.

Admiral

I have had a similar problem but was lucky enough to find it before I flew, I now rough up the surface of the CF rod for better grip then use High Strength Araldite, and allow some on the exterior of the joint, then give it 12 hours to cure. Haven't had a problem since.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh wow. I didn't think about that while building. Thanks Admiral :). I do have some J&B Weld that I can use. That should do the trick.

Top Bottom