General Elevator control working backwards !!

tupac123456789

Hi all I am new to this rc group.
I have been trying to figure out why my elevator control is working backwards. When I push the stick up or forwards the rotor head tilts backwards and vice versa. I have tried reversing my servos on the TX (Walkera 2801 E) but the oposite happens. I have checked that all my servo wires are in the proper ports and I have swithed them around to see if I could get the right results with no success. All other controls work as they should left is left right is right pitch and rudder are all fine. Starting to get a bit frustrated any help would be much appreciated !!

Lee

You need to go into the swash mix menu. Don't know where it is on a Walker but in there you will see something like Elev 60% Aile60% Pitch 60% or similar. They % will have either + or - sign next to it. Go in to the elev swash mix and change the value to the opposite. So if its now at +60% change it to -60% and that will sort out your issue.
Lee

tupac123456789

You need to go into the swash mix menu. Don't know where it is on a Walker but in there you will see something like Elev 60% Aile60% Pitch 60% or similar. They % will have either + or - sign next to it. Go in to the elev swash mix and change the value to the opposite. So if its now at +60% change it to -60% and that will sort out your issue.
Lee

Thanks very much Lee !! This makes a lot of sense now that you have pointed it out to me. I now remember reading somthing about the Spectrum and Walkera TX's being backwards to each other. I will try this when I get home tonight hope it works.

Derek

Lee

Hey Lee! I'm surely not doubting your information here. You know alot more than I do. I'm just asking this question because I don't know. Why would changing the swash mix to the opposite solve this issue that he is having? It's quite possible that I just don't understand what the swash mix does, exactly.

Lee

As you know, there are three servos controlling the swash. Elevator, Aileron and Pitch. But when you pull back on the elevator, its not just the elevator servo that moves, it all three. Elevator servo moves down and aile and pitch move up. So the servos inputs are being mixed to produce the intended command. This is true for aileron inputs and pitch input as well. The radio tells the servos in which direction to make this mixing input. This could be backwards to the control you want. So by reversing the "swash mix" for the intended input, you will reverse the command.
Think of it like reversing a servo thats backward but instead of one servo, you are reversing all of them for the specific input.
Hope this clears things up :D

Last edited:

tupac123456789

As you know, there are three servos controlling the swash. Elevator, Aileron and Pitch. But when you pull back on the elevator, its not just the elevator servo that moves, it all three. Elevator servo moves down and aile and pitch move up. So the servos inputs are being mixed to produce the intended command. This is true for aileron inputs and pitch input as well. The radio tells the servos in which direction to make this mixing input. This could be backwards to the control you want. So by reversing the "swash mix" for the intended input, you will reverse the command. Y
Think of it like reversing a servo thats backward but instead of one servo, you are reversing all of them for the specific input.
Hope this clears things up :D

Hey Lee your advise worked thanks very much !! Now I can continue with the set-up of my heli.

Derek

That's awesome that he was able to tell you exactly what the issue was. It would seem that we both learned something today, lol

Tony

Staff member
Yup, couldn't explain it better myself. Also Derek, the swash mix will also correspond to how much pitch you have on collective/cyclic. The higher the number, the more the servos are going to move. Thus giving you more pitch. I tell you what, get that 500 of yours in the air!!! haha

Derek

Yup, couldn't explain it better myself. Also Derek, the swash mix will also correspond to how much pitch you have on collective/cyclic. The higher the number, the more the servos are going to move. Thus giving you more pitch. I tell you what, get that 500 of yours in the air!!! haha

lol....I hear ya, Tony! I hear ya! When I can get a day off work and the wind isn't 20mph+, I would love to get my 500 in the air. IRCHA 2013 is 6 months away and I would love to be able to go there and play around with my 500 on the AMA grounds.

Top Bottom