Electrical Tape Radio Shack Colored!

BOKI

Went looking for electrical tape colored! Anyway I found Radio Shack had 5 colors red, yellow, green, blue ,white ! I used the White to balance My main rotor blades ! It cost $ 6.41 for 5 rolls of the different colors! Thought someone else might might be interested! !!!

murankar

Staff member
The only think I thing it would be great for is tracking. As long as you balanced out both sides with the tape.

BOKI

clear packing tape works best i found
don't think the electrical tape would stay on that well
Hi superbad: So a video on You tube where the guy found & marked center of gravity weighted each blade & if the blade marks lined up he wrapped the tap over the leading edge to the back of the lighter blade ! So that's how I did it! Guess I better change it ! Thanks for the comment !

heli-maniac

most electrical tape is just not that sticky
i guess if you made a full rap it could work but thats a lot of wait to add to a blade

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I use Colored tape I bought from Harbor freight! It works great for tracking tape! Remember, Your nor running full speed for any leanth of time. anyway to check blade tracking!

Tony

Staff member
I have actually cut blade tracking tape out of vinyl. However, tracking is all I use it for. Packing tape is by far superior to electrical for balance since most blades are not off by more than a gram or so. However different colored tape can be used for a lot of different things to keep a theme going on a helicopter.

BOKI

Re: Electrical Tape Radio Shack Colored! Tony

I have actually cut blade tracking tape out of vinyl. However, tracking is all I use it for. Packing tape is by far superior to electrical for balance since most blades are not off by more than a gram or so. However different colored tape can be used for a lot of different things to keep a theme going on a helicopter.
Hi Tony; I saw a guy on You Tube do this & I had another set of wooden blades with My Helicopter so I thought I would balance them while waiting for My head rebuild parts ! I have a scale I bought for this on Amazon.com! One blade weighted 21.9 G left & right weighted 20.1 G Or left .79 oz right .72 oz! I weighted cut & the tape & put it on the center of gravity on the lighter blade & it came out perfect! So I guess I better do it over & use packing tape! I'm new at this so I'm learning from everyone! THANKS BOKI 1:55PM ILLINOIS TIME THE BEST!

Top Bottom