Edge 540 Mini Flying At The New Field

Tony

Staff member
As some of you suggested, I bounced out and went flying. At the time, I only had one plane that was air worthy (or so I thought) so I took it. I love this plane, and although the flight is short, I know what I need to do to it to fix it. Mainly the elevator is the issue with this one. I am working on my bipe right now and hope to have it ready for tomorrow or next weekend.

Have a watch, but I warn you, it's pretty boring...

Edge 540 Mini Flight at The New Field - YouTube

murankar

Staff member
You tried like heck to blur that box out. It did seem like it was ballooning a bit and the elevator did look a lot tweaked. I hope it's an easy fix.

Tony

Staff member
Did I miss a spot? lmao. It took about an hour and a half to blur out all of those friggin things lmao. Forgot all about the box sitting there. But, I'm about to write the article and post the video of the plane that was behind that blur lol.

As for the plane, the elevator is not an easy fix. It was sitting on the elevator for a couple weeks which is what caused this. I will have to find a way to add weight to the other side and just wait for it to level back out. It's not a quick fix, that's for sure. But the plane still flew great, just had a touchy elevator, and I was on low rates.

EyeStation

So that's the 1300kV motor, huh? Me likey the lower RPM's. And I like the unexpected tip of High Rates when on the ground to keep it on the tarmac. The slow low flight with a quick lift at the end of the runway, (6:11), is the way I would expect the RC-H Edge to fly like.
Nice flight Tony, thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Such a cool looking plane!!! Nice job flying, Tony! Well done!!!

Thanks bro. I wanted to do a lot more with it, and may do it today when I go out (if lol). It's in the car, and so is my big edge. It's been too long since I flew these planes, and I'm a little timid to do anything to them.

So that's the 1300kV motor, huh? Me likey the lower RPM's. And I like the unexpected tip of High Rates when on the ground to keep it on the tarmac. The slow low flight with a quick lift at the end of the runway, (6:11), is the way I would expect the RC-H Edge to fly like.
Nice flight Tony, thanks.

Yup, this is the 1300 kv. However, with it being 105ºF outside, the motor was pretty warm when I brought it down. I think I need a bigger motor for this one, but it should be perfect for the profile plane. The 1700 should just be insane lol. I want the 1700 on mine, that's for sure.

But yeah, in high rates this thing gets insane even being balsa. I did a snap roll in low rates and it was still pretty quick.

Top Bottom