Quad Eachine QX95 Thread

Tony

Staff member
Keith, I have done the same thing. I put a battery that was at about 4.15 on there as well as a battery that was about 3.7. My charger did just fine with it. What charger were you using?

Stambo

Generally if I am parallel charging batteries with different states of charge I let them equalise for a while before starting the charger.
Dunno if it makes a difference but it can't hurt. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Small trap I fell into with charging, using the "Y" cable supplied I charged a full used battery along with an half used battery.

Warning do not do it The half used battery puffed, obviously the charger did not register a full cell and kept charging until it had over charged the half full battery.

Hope this prevents others making the same mistake.

What may have happened is the near full battery discharged into the flat one at an unregulated rate causing the puffing.

Tony

Staff member
As long as they are within 5% of each other, it should be fine. But with the QX95, the dual charger is actually a series charger that plugs into a balance port for a 2s. Which is why I'm wondering what charger he was using. It should have caught the issue before overcharging. And this also answers another question. Apparently these batteries do not have over volt protection built in. That is a real bummer.

As for the file loaded on here, it didn't work. I do like the LED setup though, but I think it should have red when armed on the inside then solid red at full throttle. So I still need the completely stock dump file. Something was different on this one and I can't put my finger on it. I'm starting to think I got one that was jacked from the beginning. Might have been one that was not meant for the public since it was for review. Just don't know but I will have a better idea when I can get a completely virgin file.

Admiral

I was using a balance charger that I have left over from my Co-Axial days it charges S2 & S3 through the balance lead.

Tony

Staff member
Is it those little square chargers that only charges through a balance lead?

I need to make a video on how to use a jumper on a parallel charger to charge these things. I charge like this with my Align 150 batteries as well.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter

Tony

Staff member
That charger should work just fine. But I believe the QX95 comes with 55mm props. If so, the 65's will not fit, they will hit the antenna on the transmitter.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That charger should work just fine. But I believe the QX95 comes with 55mm props. If so, the 65's will not fit, they will hit the antenna on the transmitter.

Hey there Tony. The QX95 does come with 55mm prop. I've been trying to learn about this quad on you tube and came across this video saying that 65mm BARELY fit but do. 9:40 on the video if you would like to check it out and give me your opinion. Eachine QX95 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Good Ole shaky Andy. That dude must drink a crap ton of coffee lmao. But yes, I have seen that and that is why I ordered a set of props that I thought would work, but didn't. They hit the camera. The only way to make them work is to move the camera to the left and tilt it back about 5º on my quad. But if you have the blunt nose props like he had, then you should be able to just shift the camera to the left a few MM and it should be fine.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good Ole shaky Andy. That dude must drink a crap ton of coffee lmao. But yes, I have seen that and that is why I ordered a set of props that I thought would work, but didn't. They hit the camera. The only way to make them work is to move the camera to the left and tilt it back about 5º on my quad. But if you have the blunt nose props like he had, then you should be able to just shift the camera to the left a few MM and it should be fine.

Yeah, he does shake a little, don't he. Reminds me when I use to drink and when I needed a drink I would shake like that til I pounded a Tall boy :facepalm:. That got rid of the shakes for the time being Lol.

Tony

Staff member
Just installed Betaflight on this little quad and setup some conservative (so I thought) PID's and the thing flew fantasticly! Needs more yaw rate and a little more I gain and maybe the P to be reduced just slightly, but this thing is flying great now. Figures that the only time I can fly is at sunset and it's getting too dark to fly. I wanted to run another battery lol.

Tony

Staff member
So much for doing the PID video. Just broke the frame on the QX95. I had a feeling that it should have been another mm thicker. Oh well, we will just wait for the QX80 to come in.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I have seen that instant UV cure CA. It's okay if you are in a hurry, but is not that strong. More brittle than anything. But yes, I need something lmao. However, this is not great CF. Not enough resin was used to form the sheet. It's peeling where it broke. I need to get some extra thin CA and I think I can fix this frame. Maybe I should order some 1.5mm CF and cut some pieces for braces.

Tony

Staff member
Well I busted out my 15 minute epoxy and the quad is drying as I type this. Hopefully it will be strong enough to withstand some testing. I'm still looking for a frame, I may just have banggood send me one when I have them send the QX90. I would like one that has stronger arms though. These arms are weak as hell!!! But, Once it dries, all I have to do is wait for the wind to die down and we can start shooting some videos with this little guy.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Al-righty-then, the QX95 came in today :smile: tiny little thing, isn't it. Tony if you get a chance, I need you to PM me and talk me through to get that information you need from the quad before I bind it. I not that good on the computer and can use you help, if you don't mind :waa:.

Top Bottom