E1 first test hover

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Got the beast out this morning for a quick test. It came in at just under 22lbs with 2 10000mah 6s packs. A few bugs to work out but overall, it seems pretty good. I strapped some training gear on for the first attempt just in case she wanted to tip. The 900mm blades sound awesome on this thing. Just 1100 RPM. More to come.

Attachments

• IMG_1219 (2).jpg
    IMG_1219 (2).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Comments turned off? Sadge
Yeah sorry, there's a lot of haters out there.... lmao. I set the RPM with an optical tach at 1000,1100, and 1200. At 1200 the tail was just a bit jerky. Hard to see in the video. I want to run a few batteries though it before I fly it around but even with all that weight it felt good power wise. Thanks guys,
T

Tony

Staff member
Yeah sorry, there's a lot of haters out there.... lmao. I set the RPM with an optical tach at 1000,1100, and 1200. At 1200 the tail was just a bit jerky. Hard to see in the video. I want to run a few batteries though it before I fly it around but even with all that weight it felt good power wise. Thanks guys,
T
Ah, no worries. I know all too well about the haters out there. After 400+ videos, I have learned to either ignore them or turn the tables on them lol. Either way, still a great flight!

Rackman

I have to say you accomplished a task that I thought would have taken much longer than it did, I'm very impressed for sure.. nice Maiden flight it truly inspired to want to look forward to some day soon do a scratch build myself here,, hope to see more flights with your Align E1 in the feature.. :banroll::thumbsup:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yup. Awesome job on the build and the sound that comes from those blades gives me the pucker-up feeling just listening to the video :arms:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks all, it was a fun build. As I mentioned, I want to run one or two more flights though at hover before I attempt to fly a few circuits. But I will say it felt very comfortable. Hopefully the weekend will be nice, cold but nice...:cold:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I was with him that day when he flew the Align E1, he named it Hulk Sr. So real even with the slow spool up :twothumbsup: . I could feel the rotor wash several feet away when he hovered. Afterwards fran11784 came by to my home (only a ten minute drive}. My wife got to see what I was talking about during his build videos on You Tube. She was most impressed with the size alone. You can't but get fired up and motivated seeing this awesome bird in action. Double triple thumbs up my friend :beerchug: :arms: :boldblue: :banana: :twothumbsup: :hdbng:

Top Bottom