Setups DX9 & ar8000 satellite receiver interference with fpv antenna

Jörg Schulz

Hi !
Maybe i am in the wrong thread but i give it a try :)

I have 2 questions about AR8000+sat receiver and the placement of the components.
I have a Easystar2 and try out where to place the AR8000 and the Satelite receiver.
I cut a hatch in to the belly of my plane to better fit the ar8000 , but i don´t know if its a good or a bad place for the receiver.

My second question is , can i run in trouble with interfierence with fpv antenna (5,8 /200mw) close to the sat receiver. ?

Se the attachment for better understanding , and many thanks for helping !

Greetings
Joerg / sweden

20150428_204027.jpg

20150428_204128.jpg

20150428_204442.jpg

20150428_204400.jpg

20150428_204153.jpg

EyeStation

Everything I have read and seen said separation of FPV TX from your Radio RX. I don't know how strong your FPV TX is but I am sure it will cancel out much of what that sat is receiving.
Your Mobuis /TX plate is a nice setup. I would try to move that sat towards the AFT of the aircraft.
I am sure there are many who have experienced interference because of TX/RX proximity. I cannot say if I have or not, still too new at this FPV stuff.

Jörg Schulz

Everything I have read and seen said separation of FPV TX from your Radio RX. I don't know how strong your FPV TX is but I am sure it will cancel out much of what that sat is receiving.
Your Mobuis /TX plate is a nice setup. I would try to move that sat towards the AFT of the aircraft.
I am sure there are many who have experienced interference because of TX/RX proximity. I cannot say if I have or not, still too new at this FPV stuff.

Thank you , i will try to move the sat in the towards AFT.
I am also new too this FPV stuff ...
And yes , it´s a nice 3d printed fpv pod for the ES2 and the 808#16 cam holder.

/J

Derek

The most amount of separation, the better. The components should still work just fine but "more is best".

Yea I have a similar issue but just the opposite.
My DX8 interferes with the VRX with Fat Shark antennas, unfortunately even after
posting my issue with Immersion support out on FPVLABS
I have seen almost 60 views and no responses...sad.
Going back to the thread yes try to keep the VTX and RX away from each other.
In your pic's they are right on top of each other.
Hummm now I want to build an airplane LOL

Lee

I have my sat on the tail of my easyglider, VTX at the front.
Or you could put your sat out on the wing.

Top Bottom