Spektrum DX8G2 update issue

dwillisn

I have the all-black DX8G2. I was updating the firmware and mistakenly turned off
the radio. It now only has the orange bars blinking. Do I have to send it in for service
or is there something I can do myself? I usually do a better job of reading the manual.
I have sent multiple messages to Product Support but have no reply.
Thank you

RandyDSok

I suspect you will have to send it in to address that issue. Contact their tech support and ask, if there is a way to fix it without sending it in, they will tell you.

The firmware is basically the radios operating system... sort of like your computer but specialized for RC. When you interrupted the update, you basically corrupted the OS so it no longer knows how to do anything since it's incomplete.

dwillisn

I suspect you will have to send it in to address that issue. Contact their tech support and ask, if there is a way to fix it without sending it in, they will tell you.

The firmware is basically the radios operating system... sort of like your computer but specialized for RC. When you interrupted the update, you basically corrupted the OS so it no longer knows how to do anything since it's incomplete.
Thank you, I'll contact them.
Neil

Chris124

I have the all-black DX8G2. I was updating the firmware and mistakenly turned off
the radio. It now only has the orange bars blinking. Do I have to send it in for service
or is there something I can do myself? I usually do a better job of reading the manual.
I have sent multiple messages to Product Support but have no reply.
Thank you
Reload operating software from the sd card. That worked for me on my DX8e when we had a power failure.

RandyDSok

Reload operating software from the sd card. That worked for me on my DX8e when we had a power failure.

If that is supported, it typically requires following specific steps such what you name the file... perhaps turning on while holding some key/button down. In short, more info would be helpful for the OP ( original poster ).

Top Bottom