FBL Gyro DX8 switch program

treff

A couple of questions regarding dx8 and ikon, brain fbl unit. How do you program the switch for changing bank memory and how do you program SR switch ?
Many thanks. Been at this 2 days and still none the wiser after reading dx8 manual numerous times. Cheers. Last thing remember your talking to an
old fart who still things electricity is black magic.

treff

Does no one know how to to do the above? The destructions are not that clear. Thanks

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If I had more experience with the ikon, I would help. But I can't remember what I did to get the banks to change quite honestly. Pretty sure it was in the Switch Select menu though.

treff

Cheers Tony the instructions are not that good for a beginner or an old fart like my self lol
It will fly one day but I'm beginning to think it wont be this year lol

Slobberdog

Treff I can show you how to set the switch the way I got mine but I am not using a governor, so I don't know how it would effect your setup,

Ken Jackson

I am using my governor switch to switch between flight modes. Position one is sport, two is 3D and three is extreme 3D. Was that the question?

Lee

To stop any confusion, you have Flight mode on you TX, Norm, ID1, and ID2, which changes the Head speed.
In the Ikon software you have Banks, where you can change the Flight characteristics.
Banks are just like real Banks, where you deposit money, but in this case, you are depositing modes of flight, ie Sport, 3D, Hardcore.
These modes have preset Dual rates and Expo. They also have the option to tick a box for Self Level and Gov mode.

Set AUX3 to the switch you want to use for changing your Bank.
I use the Gear switch, which in the switch set up menu is the MIX channel.
This only gives me two Bank options, not three, but I only need two.
Once you have done this, go into the Bank set up menu in the Ikon software.
When you move the TX switch you designated, it should highlight the selected box in Green.

Now you can set each Bank to your desired settings.
As I only have two, one is set to Hardcore 3D with GOV ticked.
The second POS is set to Hardcore 3D with GOV and Self level boxes ticked.
In this case, when I flick my gear switch on my DX8, all the setting are the same, except Self Level is activated.

I hope this clears some things up.
Let me know if anyone else has a question.

PS. Can't get into my Ikon software at the moment. Just did a full clean install on my Mac, and don't have that Windows Crap on there at the moment :D LOL

Last edited:

treff

Hi Lee,
Thanks for the info but like I said in the mail I am not installing this gyro and have made arrangements for a swap to 3gx. Like I said it may not be
the best but I know what I am doing and feel more comfortable with that one. I will also probably sell this Agile. I have thought about it for some time
and I think its to big for me and where I fly so I will be putting it up as a ready to fly, well almost ready lol. Sorry to waste your time but thanks for the info

Slobberdog

Treff man don't be hasty, the ikon is so much better than the 3gx, get it set up and fly it, you will not regret it,

I have 2 3gx units here and I tell you now I had some issues with setting up the ikon but that was cos I was rushing it and not being meticulous, but when you get it flying its like a totally different world,

If you seriously want a 3gx drop me a pm I am sure we could sort something out, but man seriously don't be hasty you will regret it in the long run, honestly

Lee

+1 on what Kev said.
It would be crazy to swap an Ikon for a 3GX :eek1:
You are swapping a £150 gyro for a £50 gyro ???
The Ikon is super easy to set up if you just methodically go through the menu one page at a time.
You can skype me if you want to go through it step by step.
Do not swap an Ikon for a 3GX please????

Slobberdog

+1 on what Kev said.
It would be crazy to swap an Ikon for a 3GX :eek1:
You are swapping a £150 gyro for a £50 gyro ???
The Ikon is super easy to set up if you just methodically go through the menu one page at a time.
You can skype me if you want to go through it step by step.
Do not swap an Ikon for a 3GX please????

Lee £50 you are being generous, so many have tried to dump these, they are not worth that, only reason I have mine here is to put them back on the heli if I decided to pass the heli on,

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously Treff when you get it flying you will realise that swapping the ikon for a 3gx is like swapping a Porsche for a Fiat Panda,

treff

The gyro and the heli no longer belong to me Kev. I was just not happy. Far to heavy to fly around here. There would be
no enjoyment only worry so I let it go. I shall stick with 450 a lot more fun. Cheers and thank for the info.

Top Bottom