Spektrum DX8 SW Select

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So ok now I just watched Tony's Set Up video on the DX8. How come in my Sw Select menue I cant get anything to turn on? My Gyro is set to inn my gov is to. You click on them, turn the wheel, and nothing happens! GUYS HELP! Im wanting to program my Ikon. Need to set up my TX first!!!!

Lee

Its because you have another switch assign to that channel. You have to inhibit another switch to change the one you want. So if you want AUX 2 on your trainer switch for eg, then make sure its not assigned to any other switch.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I reset the model and started from scratch. But I still have to enter that 45 gain number for the ikon somewhere. I'll work on it tomorrow. I'll be off myself till Thursday. Doctors orders! Oh well no pay check next week! Lol. Lee I have Skype now so if you ever want to Chat about the ikon set up we can Skype!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. I still need some good setup numbers to put into my dx8!

To adjust the gain in the DX8 it's not done in the set up menu when you orignally set up your radio, but when you set up your pitch curves etc in the main screen of the set up.
You need to go down to gyro, and allow the switch to turn on there, and it will then give you 3 options for the rate, assuming that it is linked to that switch on the radio.
Seeing as i'm at work, bit hard to show you a pic of it. There is a reasonable explanation in the DX8 manual, I know this cos i did it on the weekend. Will try take a pick tonight if you haven't worked it out by then

Sweet!! I spent about an hour trying to work that out over the weekend, just wanted to throw the thing in frustration.
Calmed down, and then went oh there it is! haha

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
What I did this morning was found a gyro menu some where entered 45 them found the menu your talking about put in the 45 figure in then when I went to sw select count not get it off inn. So I reset the model memory and started to enter everything over again but ran out of time. Has to go to the doctors.

Hmmm... when i get home i'll check out what i did with mine.
I know i got mine working. I just don't remember what i did. If you have managed to set the gain, then the switch should be working, the only thing I can think of is that you will be wanting to set the channel that it operates from the servo.
Unless you don't want to use the 3 position gyro switch on the left?
Mate good luck with the Dr and hope to see you back up to speed soon!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Back to work Thursday! Feeling much better thanks. I was ready to go to work today but doc said no. Lol Ya that's the switch I was using. Plus the gov switch fir the gov.

I'm 98% certain that if you've managed to change the gain settings on the radio then it should be all up and running.
As i said the only thing that I think you would need to change is the channel it is running through.
Again i'll have a look at it tonight when i get home and see what i did. But i'm sure that if the gyro is in inhibit then you have to gain settings, gain settings are only accessible once you've changed it in the radio. I'm sure of it.... but i'll check what i've done tonight when i get home

Top Bottom