General DX8 Pitch curve values against Monitor values

totoheat

Guys am still awaiting for chance to try my 550 DFC due to wheatear but I notice something on my Dx8,see when am in the Pitch curve window and stick its in mid position 50 in -50 out I switch it to monitor window but there in Pitch value shows 8% and when at 0% on Pitch curve window at monitor window shows -35% is this normal behavior ????

:help:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that's normal depending on your pitch curve. Post up your pitch curve just to be sure.

Tony

Staff member
When you say "pitch" in the monitor menu, you are looking at the pitch servo, not the overall pitch. I may need a video of what you are seeing to make sure of what may be your issue.

More importantly, just check your blades with a pitch gauge. If all of those settings are perfect, then you should not worry about that menu.

Ken Jackson

Sounds like you just need to get outside and hover some. I hovered in my garage many times, its still fun.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know how you like your 550. I really want to get one myself.

pvolcko

Just to be clear. Do not try to hover a 550 in your garage. Unless your garage is an airplane hangar. Need lots of space. :)

totoheat

Thanks for that

Understood...
see when at mid stick in Pitch Curve window 50 in 50 out I have zero pitch on blades,maybe tomorrow I can do some trails on field and will make a video of it

- - - Updated - - -

Kenjack

The Trex 550E DFC its a very nice bird you don't believe how stable its even in a windy day besides you have the power of a 600 but lighter I like mine very much

Tony

Staff member
The wind is not the issue (I'm sure you know this, just have to say it), it's the rotor wash. If you fly in an enclosed space, you get a horrible rotor wash which will push the heli up and down. When you have clean air hitting the blades, such as that from wind, you will have greater lift than that of dirty air, or rotor wash. The up and down is also known as translational lift.

totoheat

The wind is not the issue (I'm sure you know this, just have to say it), it's the rotor wash. If you fly in an enclosed space, you get a horrible rotor wash which will push the heli up and down. When you have clean air hitting the blades, such as that from wind, you will have greater lift than that of dirty air, or rotor wash. The up and down is also known as translational lift.

Tony,Understood I wont try it thanks

Hey heat I just experimented with the same issue in my Dx7s....its counting subtrim too...if you set all ur subtrims to 0 your monitors will show zero across the board

Top Bottom