Spektrum DX8 3 three position toggle switch problem.

the_magnus

Hi everyone,
Luckily it's not a switch I really need at the moment (Aux 2) but it would be nice to fix it at. Essentially the toggle wants to spin around when I push up or back on it and I have to pinch it to operate the switch in a straight line. I opened the radio up but the switch seems to be a sealed unit so I stopped there.
Are these things serviceable, or just replaceable? If the latter, any idea what would be a good replacement switch?

Thanks for any help,
Jeremy

RandyDSok

The images I've seen of the radio appear to show a round nut on the exterior of the case. If correct, it should have slots on either side of the switch post that you just use a tool to tighten it with.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with Randy and if you happen to need a toggle switch I got mine from radio shack and works fine for me.

the_magnus

Thanks for the replies, I'll take another look next time I open the radio up to adjust the throttle ratchet. It's not that the whole switch is loose in the radio by the way, more centrally where the toggle itself articulates.

RandyDSok

Thanks for the replies, I'll take another look next time I open the radio up to adjust the throttle ratchet. It's not that the whole switch is loose in the radio by the way, more centrally where the toggle itself articulates.

If you are not replacing the switch ... you don't need to even open the transmitter. You hold the switch in the place you want by the switch posts... and just tighten the nut that I mentioned. By post... another word that is used also is lever... ie the part you flip back and forth. The nut itself is round but has two slots that are 180° from each other on either side of the post/lever.

Top Bottom