Spektrum Dx6i Problems

Hirobo.61

Just received a used Dx6i from ebay (screen quit on my 1st gen. old DX6i). This. Tx. looks just slightly used; now comes the "good part" : yesterday, I entered all of my old settings (ccpm etc) into this new/ used Tx and then bound it to my receiver (AR6100) . As soon as it binded, all the servos went straight up to their max. position. The gimbals slightly moved the elevators and ailerons. Reset the Tx and same result. Changed receivers, and esc. with the same problem occurring. Checked the Tx's monitor to see no arrow movement on thottle and ailerons, with limited movement on elevator and full movement on rudder when moving gimbals. Travel adjust at 100 and Reverse have no effect on the maxxed out servos. Reset Tx to defalt settingson another channel and tried it with my simulator and no throttle on some rudder and elevator movement on model.
Since this is a 2nd gen. Dx6i, I couldn't find any differences online to loading settings and binding. Seller is only offering a 50% refund. Anybody have any ideas regarding this ×+÷=/_<> Tx.?
Bottom line, after 6 hrs. of jacking with this radio, it always goes directly to servos upward max. pos. regardless of gimbal movement and varios settings enterred.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like the pots on the gimbals are shot. File a dispute with ebay and with paypal. They will always favor the buyer rather than the seller and you will get a refund. 50% is not good enough for a Tx that is junk.

Do you still have your old DX6i that has the bad screen?

Hirobo.61

Yes, I do have the old Dx6i. Not too keen though about switching parts if I' m gonna go after the seller for a full refund, but if you have an idea that may work for me-if the seller does not ive me a full refund, I'm all ears.

Tony

Staff member
Well my idea is you can take the screen from the new Tx and put it in the old Tx where everything is already loaded. The screen is pretty easy to replace in these.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Hirobo.61. Sorry to here what happen with the DX6i. I'm not sure what your going to do as to get your money back or replace the screen like Tony mention. Let me know because I have a DX6i just pretty much sitting here collecting dust. It doesn't have a throttle hold switch on it because I needed one for my DX6 so I stole it from the DX6i lol. Everything beside the switch works on it. If you like, you can pay for shipping and I'll send it to you and you can check it out to make sure your happy with it and then you can pay me through paypal. That way you know what your paying for. It's just a thought while you, paypal and ebay can resolve your dispute. Tony knows who I am if you have any question. Just trying to help a member out.

murankar

Staff member
Or swap the sticks over. Either way you will have enough stuff to make one radio work.

There are two ways to look at this. One; go for the full refund and return the radio and buy Ivan's . Two; keep the radio and ask for a half refund and rebuild the one that's in better shape.

Top Bottom