DX6i & CCPM Full Setup Guide

Tony

Staff member
Hello everyone. This is a series that I have been asked for many times. To go through the entire process of setting up a helicopter with the DX6i from start to finish. Well, I have done just that. This is an entire series from typing in your model name in the DX6i, to the maiden flight of your brand new helicopter. So, sit back and enjoy, and there will be quite a few of these videos.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/051C39CC09C6FAEB?hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/051C39CC09C6FAEB?hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
To see ALL Videos, Click On The Button To The Right Of The Play Button

Keith

These vids are great even if you don't own a DXi6... As long as you know how to set up your own Tx (Turnigy 9x in my case) you can use the same settings and work from there...

Great series of vids all round Tony...

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Keith. I'm going to try to get the other video posted today.

Frank and Paul, why you two ganging up on me lmao.....

Tony

Staff member
Part 3 is now added to the playlist in the first post. Covers Binding, Servo Setup and Adjusting Links

Tony

Staff member
New video added to the playlist in the first post. This one will cover the gyro inital setup and tail servo setup. As well as getting all the directions working correctly.

Keith

Just need confirmation about binding...

I originally believed that binding was unique between Tx and a single Rx.

But actually a Tx can bind and operate many Rxs, If my assumption is correct.?

I discovered this while testing binding a different Rx and both were working...

If I am right then I suppose you could fly a formation with many identical models...(in theory)

Tony

Staff member
That is correct, you could bind multiple Rx to the same Tx, but wouldn't be a good idea lol.

Tony

Staff member
Okay everyone, Part 5 is now in the playlist in the first post. It covers blade pitch, and link setup. This is the last video that I have recorded cause of the weather. AFter this, I will be taking it outside to video how to trim the heli, and how to do the final setup on the gyro and get it ready for flight. Hope you guys enjoy!

Tony

Staff member
Alright, the final video in this series is now in the playlist in the first post. Hope you guys enjoy! I had a lot of fun making these!

Keith

That is correct, you could bind multiple Rx to the same Tx, but wouldn't be a good idea lol.

But when you have several models in memory are thay not all bound and if you had them all powered up they would operate.?

I thought that only the model selected on your Tx would respond... So if you take a few models to the field you could be flying one model and the rest could be going crazy in the back of your car... Not hard to imagine is it.?

Tony

Staff member
That is correct. If you have, lets say 10 models, and each of those models have their own Rx, then you will have to select each model to use it. You can turn on all 10 helis or whatever, and turn your Tx on, but only one of them will respond. There is a memory code built into these. If the code on the Tx and Rx are not the same, then it's a no go for the bind and you will not have any servo control. The Rx will also go into failsafe and not turn anything on but it's self. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom