450 dont think rotor blades are tight enough

murankar

Staff member
The last time I flew, about three weeks ago, I noticed that when the heli spooled down the blades would fold back a bit. When I hold the heli on it's side and do the quick jerk the slightly fall. Should I go a tad tighter on the grips?

Tony

Staff member
if they are staying straight when you hold the heli sideways and fall when you give it a light jerk, it should be fine. You don't want them too tight. IF they are too tight, they don't have enough weight to sling themselves out straight like the 500 and 600.

Tony

Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it then. Sounds like they are where they need to be. If they are stopping really fast when you land, then you need to check your main bearings, swash bearing, and one way bearing. The head should spin free and have little resistance to it.

murankar

Staff member
no still a gradual slow down. I will be out later today to try and hover. I have been on missions for the last 3 weeks plus my servo mount just got here a few days ago. Finally got a weekend to myself. It has been a long 3 weeks with out flying.

Top Bottom