Does Eflite really suck?

OK I am a bit dismayed. My 120sr is the **** but both my SR's are so sensitive to being even landed hard that its ridiculous. Not to mention the tail motors burn out too dam quick. Can anyone tell me if the mechanical tail Heli's by Eflite are any good. I love the Spectrum radio's. Thinking the SR's gyro is a POS but would love to know that the higher end models are actually worth the money since I did spend the cash on the DX6i. I am going to put the belt tail conversion on My SR's and all the metal upgrades and see about a new gyro. Them maybe they will fly worth a dam. LOL Namaste all.

Lee

The new Blade helis are very good. The MCPX is great, the Blade 300X, 450X and the new 500 all look like great helis.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Not sure what the Problem is with your 120 I've crashed mine. From 20' maybe more high. Onto a hardwood gym floor and not even dented it! Lol

It's not the 120. That bugger rocks. Is the SR's I had them flying great again and then they started up with tail issues again. I believe this time it's the motors both burned..might have been due to my lack of soldering skills and over heating the wires but it just seems like the SR is a sensitive unreliable heli in my experiance. Just wondering if this is unusual or I am learning a valuable lesson LOL.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
All helis have there own issues. Even my align 600 has its issues. Just remember. All the small indoor type helis are ment for are learning tools. Once you can fly them it's time to move on to larger better more stable helies.

Well I have my Walkera V400 and I am hoping to get a Trex 450 soon or a storm or maybe the Creata 400. I am just very disappointed in my experience with the SR's.

Lee

The SR is not renowned for being a reliable heli. Just move on to the next one. :D

Lee I am getting that impression. Thanks for all the help gang..I believe I have a bit of direction. guess it's time to bite the bullet, save some cash and get me a Trex

Tony

Staff member
I will say this, that $460 was very hard to swallow to the days leading up to me purchasing my Align kit. But then I sat down and thought about it and it was not so bad. I will try to do a thread on all of the costs and what you get. I'm sure if you go Align, you will be very happy.

Yeah..I figure for the money I am spending to put these things back together every couple weeks I should just pocket it til I have enough for the Align. I am not wealthy by any means so wise use of cash is wise living lol.

Tony

Staff member
I feel ya on the not wealthy part lol. As stated, that was a hard pill to swallow when I pushed that button.

Top Bottom